Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could this be a battery issue?

Default Could this be a battery issue?
    I was wondering..is it possible for the battery to show 100% charged but not really be charged? Been having a strange issue on and off lately. I can be in any app and all of a sudden the phone shuts off. I turn it back on, it starts to boot then shuts off again. If i plug it into the charger it turns on fine. Battery shows 100%? Already tried the hard reset and respring.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

Sounds like it is a definite power issue. Try changing the battery and go from there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delutedsoul For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (09-30-2011)

Try letting the battery go down to zero(if you can) drain battery all the way down to where the phone shuts off, then charge to 100%

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (09-30-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I was wondering..is it possible for the battery to show 100% charged but not really be charged? Been having a strange issue on and off lately. I can be in any app and all of a sudden the phone shuts off. I turn it back on, it starts to boot then shuts off again. If i plug it into the charger it turns on fine. Battery shows 100%? Already tried the hard reset and respring.
    How old?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (09-30-2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    i want you are exchange battery issue ! your battery issue is died!!no used !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fine12 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (09-30-2011)

Thanks for all the replies. I let it drain down last night and its charging now. Ill see what happens

IMO , I would try a restore first and see what that makes of things
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (10-03-2011)

Definitely sounds like that's a bad battery. Ive had phones that display a full charge when plugged in but will not hold ANY charge and instantly turn off when taken off the charger. Problem was always solved with a battery replacement.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoneluv4 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (10-03-2011)

Thanks all. Well I tried letting it die and recharging. Didnt work. I ordered a battery. If that doesnt work I will try a restore.

jas,

keep us updated, my phone is acting up too. i can play a game and the pone will turn off at 75-80%. if i turn it back on it will just turn off unless i plug it into a charger.

i think i have to get a battery replacement also.

Hi. Well still havent found a reason. Its really weird. I will have the phone charging and every now and then I'll take a look at the screen. then I notice I have no cellular service. Everything else is OK. Just no signal. Still have wifi though. And I know at this point whats gonna happen..once I have no signal..and unplug the charging cable the phone just shuts off. It will not turn back on unless I plug it in. I have no idea what the no signal issue has to do with it. I did order a battery, didnt get it yet but I realize that's probably not the issue. The last time it happened I plugged it in and still wouldnt turn on. But its hit or miss. I can go 3 or 4 days with no issue and then bam. Its back.

if its an old laptop , the battery loses memory / life over time and eventually will not hold a charge.. have you ever dropp.

Not sure what you mean by laptop

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by laptop
    Not sure but I think zeeshan is a spammer.