Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Digitizer Flex Connector

Default iPhone 4 Digitizer Flex Connector
    Hello everyone from ModMyi.

I have a iphone 4 gsm that I was trying to fix after repairing it from water damage, but now it seens that the digitizer isnt working like it did before. As i tried to find out why, I notice that there's a scratch on the connecter on the logic board.

Now, I was wondering if that might be the problem of the digitizer not working?

I checked around ebay for the connector and it was pretty cheap to get a replacement. But the thing is, has anyone ever tried to replace the digitizer connecter on the logic board? Ive seen people fix the battery connector, so i was wondering if u can do the same to the digitizer connecter and how hard would it be?

Thanks

can you please describe said scratch better, and which connector, and / or post a picture?
    unklbyl

it would be the the slot in the red box on step 17 in Installing iPhone 4 Logic Board - Page 6 - iFixit
    the scratch is like right in the middle of the block of the connector.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 601 Posts

no that shouldnt cause issue with the digi. if no connector pins are bent you should be ok. if it was water damage there could still be some slight corrosion on the connector itself. i usually hit the connectors up several times with denatured ipa. water damage is a tricky beast to say the least

rubbing alcohol would aslo work as well?

Quote Originally Posted by fine12 View Post
    im sure that video has nothing that can help me....