+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 3GS Faceplates... Anyone else having digitizer problems?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I converted my iPhone 3GS to the white faceplate mod a few months ago, and lately I've been having digitzer problems to the point touch response freezes and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Question White iPhone 3GS Faceplates... Anyone else having digitizer problems?
    Ok so I converted my iPhone 3GS to the white faceplate mod a few months ago, and lately I've been having digitzer problems to the point touch response freezes and I have to do a quick sleep of the display, then power it quickly back on to regain touch response. The home button works fine though even when this freezes. I've changed the faceplate and digitizer a few times though since I originally did this mod because the first time I think it worked fine, but I can't remember because the only reason I changed the faceplate was because it had fingerprints inside. The second time I did this, same reasoning. A month ago, I had to replace the adhesive because the screen wasn't holding properly. When I did that though, the home button wasn't seated properly, so since then I've been too busy to fix it, and just dealt with it. Now yesterday I had had enough and did the same procedure again, but this time the home button is seated properly and everything.

Long story short, I'm wondering if this issue is related to the glass and digitizer being aftermarket or maybe I'm having other problems? I have used 91% alcohol to clean the contacts a few times, and although it seemed to work for some time, the problems has returned and occurs pretty often throughout the day.

Thanks

Anyone?

Thanks

Could it be that your phone is slowly getting full of stuff and old?
    Before you call me a jerk again, listen to my story.
    got the 4 as it came out. I had about 120 apps on it and well over 1,000 pictures on it. (my wife likes to scrapbook, so each picture is taken 3 to 6 times to see which is best). as i approched the 100 apps and 1000 pictures mark, i notices it slowing down, and bogging out. i used a cydia app to see what I NEVER used anymore, pushed my pictures to my computer, and it seems to be much faster, and does not bog down as much.
    As i recall, the same thing happened with my 3G too. I took my phone apart a couple of times to clean it, and see how it works, and never really had any problems.
    Knock off parts CAN cause problems, as the electron flow is impeded sometimes.
    hope i helped a little.
    unklbyl

Thanks

^^I figured this too, and you have a great point, but honestly, I have no idea if it's software or hardware based. I have a little over 11gb free on my 32gb, so I can't imagine memory being the reason, but it is possible nonetheless. I kinda wanna restore it, but don't really have the time at the moment. Pretty sure it's my digitizer though because when I changed the adhesive, the digitizer slightly came up in a corner, so once my replacement adhesive I ordered arrives, I'm swapping this glass/digitizer for another one I currently have.
    Last edited by Nopstnz8; 09-26-2011 at 01:43 AM.