+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Something went wrong while changing the screen...

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was changing my 3G's screen and then suddenly the screen went black and now I cant get it to work. The connectors on the motherboard seems to be fine.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Something went wrong while changing the screen...
    I was changing my 3G's screen and then suddenly the screen went black and now I cant get it to work. The connectors on the motherboard seems to be fine. How should I proceed? The problem is not in the screen bc I tried with a cracked but working screen and it didnt work with it either.

Thanks

I haz a number
    Thanks

With iPhone 3GS before opening and during repairs the iPhone must be OFF or you risk damaging the LCD Display or Logic Board Display Chips.

Put iPhone in bright light, do you see faint image on the screen, if yes you have backlight problem. This is most often Logic Board and can sometimes be fixed, most likely with soldering.

If the screen is just blank and black, fix is Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone restarts itself. Usually less than 20 seconds time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 587 Posts

Also the flex coming from the LCD is very sensitive it's possible both are bent wrong. If not always clean the connectors just to make sure oil from your fingers are not causing issues.
    Last edited by delutedsoul; 09-23-2011 at 08:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for these advices. The screen is working now, but there is a problem with the speaker where you would here the voices when you are calling someone, its dead. I cant here anyone talking but they can here me? What could be there problem here?

Thanks

The 3 flex ribbon might not be pushed into the pop connector far enough.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I checked that it should be in all the way. Is there any way to test if the speaker works without having a SIM card in?

Thanks

No sim card is needed.

Thanks

use voice recorder, record a message, and play back.
    unklbyl

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried but the ear speaker is still not working. I ordered a new earspeaker so ill try changing that. It's kinda hard to believe that the connector on the motherboard would be broken. Of course its possible but I hope thats not the problem.

I haz a number
    Thanks

The original repair was a "Screen Repair", I am not sure what your replaced. This thread is confusing. Regarding Earpiece Speaker problems, the majority are due to faulty Flex Cable #3 or the Logic Board Connector #3. Since the repair you performed included the chance of damaging all of the #3 components and not the Earpiece Speaker, I would start with the #3 first. When you pop off the #3 protector plate you can check if the Ear Speaker has conductance with a volt meter, no conductance means it is bad.

When you get the "new earspeaker" you ordered. Install it. If still problems consider #3 problems.