+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone Have Any Cell Phone Repair Certifications?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm looking to get level 3 certified. I have a decent amount of knowledge as of now but I'd like to take a five-day course starting from the beginning. I'd
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Anyone Have Any Cell Phone Repair Certifications?
    I'm looking to get level 3 certified. I have a decent amount of knowledge as of now but I'd like to take a five-day course starting from the beginning.

I'd like to know if anyone has gotten certified and where you did it. There are a lot of third party companies that do training and it's pretty confusing as to what signifies a certification. Is there a universal certification or are they all just claimed certifications through the company that is giving the training?

Below are a couple of links I've been looking at:

wildpcs dot com - I like the idea of these guys because they partner with a mobile forensics company that I can further my education with later if I choose to do so.

touchstonewireless dot com - Another company that provides training but site doesn't go into much detail.

Any help is very appreciated!!!
    Last edited by HungryWolf; 09-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

Never looked into maybe i should
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

What are the benefits of getting certified if I may ask? I kno a lot about reoairs and how to do them but does a certification make a dif?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

Yes it looks good if you own a business or what not
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My main focus is to beef up my own certifications as well as train others at my place of employment. I think I may go to the Wild PCS Las Vegas training facility.

I still haven't found anything on a universal certification. I'd prefer to go that route if I can, but I'm not sure they have gotten around to it yet.

Thanks

I am pretty sure that you will not find a real "universal" certification, because the different phones are so, well, different.
    The new Samsung phones are six Torx #6 screws, and snap together. the blackberry and the Nokia are #4, 5, and 6 Torx screws, and a motherboard, and a display that sometimes has the keypad built in. The "smart" group is a sexy motherboard, and a digitizer, glass, and a few, or a lot of buttons. They are NOT all the same, even deep down inside. IC's microswitches, mini buttons, too much to cover in one months training, and not cost effective in my eyes. Specializing in "smart" or other is too big a catagory.
    just my 2
    unklbyl

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    I am pretty sure that you will not find a real "universal" certification, because the different phones are so, well, different.
    The new Samsung phones are six Torx #6 screws, and snap together. the blackberry and the Nokia are #4, 5, and 6 Torx screws, and a motherboard, and a display that sometimes has the keypad built in. The "smart" group is a sexy motherboard, and a digitizer, glass, and a few, or a lot of buttons. They are NOT all the same, even deep down inside. IC's microswitches, mini buttons, too much to cover in one months training, and not cost effective in my eyes. Specializing in "smart" or other is too big a catagory.
    just my 2
    Taking them apart is easy. I'd really like to learn board soldering and better software diagnosis on Android, iOS and Blackberry OS.

That would cover most of the stuff I mess with.

And yeah...certifications are basically for marketing reasons.