Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: interchangable 3gs screens?

Hello there modmyi, well my friend and i both have 3gs's and my friend has replaced his whole screen set before when it broke. It had all dust in so we were taking off the screen set to get the dust out. i accidentaly broke his LCD, its a little cracked at the bottom now , as a gesture of good will i offered to give him my screen set, i installed it and the screen turned white... i tried a hard reset, it turned off but didnt come back on, i put his screen back in and hard reset and it booted, i get the same white screen when i try to install my own screen set into his phone please could somebody help?

Also i have an ssh and vnc connection open, the vnc doesnt display white it displays the normal screen, also ther digitizer is working cause i can touch it and the vnc connection responds, cheers

Also i have an ssh and vnc connection open, the vnc doesnt display white it displays the normal screen, also ther digitizer is working cause i can touch it and the vnc connection responds, cheers (by ssh i mean the command line)
    Last edited by Renewable69; 09-11-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hopefully, it's a simple 'connection not firmly seated' issue. It can be a bit tricky to get it right with the limited space. On the other hand .... nevermind, don't want to assume the worst .

With iPhone 3GS before opening iPhone and during all repairs, the iPhone 3GS must be OFF or you risk damaging the LCD Display or the Logic Board Display Controllers.

i have taken off the screens of many iphones without turning off...
    I think i took out a logic board once while the phone was still on, not harm done...

my screen must just be broke, but his screen works but had a dodgy crack in the corner, then he dropped it and now more than half of it is white, im buying him a new screen

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You probably damaged the LCD in the process. The "white screen of death" is a common issue for LCD screens that are damaged.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!