Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I hard reset my iPhone 3g, now stuck in recovery mode

Angry I hard reset my iPhone 3g, now stuck in recovery mode
    Hey guys, I have been using my iphone 3G unlocked/jailbroken on 4.0 for a year now. Today I hard resetted my iPhone since it was running really slow and now its stuck recovery mode.I am a windows user and have tried tinyumbrella to kick it out with no luck. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do here? I am ok with upgrading to the newest firmware as long as I can get my photos off of it if that is possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I held the power and home button for 10 seconds to reboot the phone instead of slide to power off because the phone was acting slow.
    Last edited by globaljihad; 08-24-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You data is lost, sorry. Reset all settings and content should never be used.

All iOS 4+ version restores need SHSH blobs. Do you have any? Use Tiny Umbrella to check.
    Any iOS 3.x can be restored anytime without blobs.

Do you need an unlock?

hey sorry i might be using the wrong term. I didnt use the reset all settings and content, i just held the power and home button for 10 seconds until it reboot. Hope this helps clarify the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    You data is lost, sorry. Reset all settings and content should never be used.

All iOS 4+ version restores need SHSH blobs. Do you have any? Use Tiny Umbrella to check.
    Any iOS 3.x can be restored anytime without blobs.

Do you need an unlock?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ohh ... That' different. It should boot and run as it did before.

Go ahead and sync. It should be ok. After, you can decide if a restore is warranted.

everytime I boot up it just keeps taking me into recovery mode I tried TinyUmbrella to kick it out but no luck. Any other suggestions?

Ohh ... That' different. It should boot and run as it did before.

Go ahead and sync. It should be ok. After, you can decide if a restore is warranted.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A restore is required. SHSH blobs are required for any 4+ iOS. Do you have any?

A restore is required. SHSH blobs are required for any 4+ iOS. Do you have any?
    I'l check now via TinyUmbrella and get back to you. Thanks for your help. I can say goodbye to my pictures right?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yep, say good bye. An expert could extract them, not you and I .