Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked iPhone 4

Ok - so I went to an apple store and they replaced it for 80 bux. Is there anyway to determine what version of iOS is on the device so I can figure out how to JB the phone.

Nevermind - I found it in TinyUmbrella
    Last edited by asanab76; 08-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asanab76 View Post
    Ok - so I went to an apple store and they replaced it for 80 bux. Is there anyway to determine what version of iOS is on the device so I can figure out how to JB the phone.

Nevermind - I found it in TinyUmbrella
    Settings/ general/ about. If you have 4.3.5 then don't jail break until the un- teathered jail break is released.(also 4.3.4 firmware)

I can jb it, but I guess there is no unlock for 4.3.3 so I'll have to hold the phone until an unlock is released. I looked in to the gevey sim, but that looks like a pain to deal with.

Thanks

http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/04/iph...now-available/

Check this out this might help, I have and am ok with AT&T-mobile so I haven't tried it out....

Im going to rephase, I have not tried it. I do not know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by ActionMax09 View Post
    iPhone 4 unlock now available | TechCrunch

Check this out this might help, I have and am ok with AT&T-mobile so I haven't tried it out....

Im going to rephase, I have not tried it. I do not know if it works
    That won't work for models with a newer baseband - I was up researching it last night and it looks like maybe they are holding the next unlock for iOS 5 maybe?

Glad to hear apple helped you out, but that sucks no unlock. But not bad an iPhone 4 for 80 bucks. Hopefully they will release a Unlock for iOS 5.

Thanks

another member mentioned that the gevy sim tray he got would not come out of the phone. He took it to an apple store, and they took off the back, and had to force it out from the inside. "no problems with the OEM tray, just with gevy sim tray.
    can anyone second the motion?
    unklbyl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12