Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: smashed and unresponsive screen please help

Default smashed and unresponsive screen please help
    Hello, my iPhone 3G screen is cracked at the top and the touch screen is not responding, i just bought this: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace from ebay, but soon found that the LCD may also be broken, please could somebody tell me what exactly i need to buy to fix this, any kind of other contributions are welcome, thanks

Would help to see a pic of the phone
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

well if the screen is cracked order a new digitzer...and if the lcd is broken order a new one of those as well. that should fix your issue. however if your ok with the crack and your touch screen isnt responding your #2 flex connector could have come loose. open your phone and check it. me i would just get both replacement parts and go from there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delutedsoul For This Useful Post:

Renewable69 (08-08-2011)

thanks, i checked the 2 connector its fine, i just dont want to waste my money if i dont need to (lol) but could a broken digitizer make my screen unresponsive? Also if it is my LCD would there be any way to repair it without buying one?

If the digi is broken then yes it will not be responsive. If the LCD is cracked you can't fix it you have to get a new one
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here