Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Dropped

Default iPhone 3GS Dropped
    Hey guys,

I dropped my iPhone 3GS and the screen seems to be out a little bit. The iPhone will not turn on unless its plugged into a computer. When its plugged it, it will not get past the apple logo. I can go into the recovery mode but when I try to restore, iTunes gives me an error because the iPhone resets and basically unplugs itself and doesn't turn on.

Any ideas? Should I open it up and see if the battery might be unplugged or something?

Thanks,

What error does it give you??

Switches off between 1603 and 1604. This is a stock firmware, not a custom one.

What firmware are you restoring it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    What firmware are you restoring it to?
    Latest firmware, whatever it is. I just want the phone working. Don't care about unlocking or jailbreaking.

Also, whenever it reaches the step "Preparing iPhone for restore", the iPhones gets a white screen for a split second and shuts off completely. Rights after it shuts off, I get the error 1604.

I opened the iPhone up and everything seemed to be connected. The screen doesn't see messed up even though it wad dropped because it does turn on.

I'm still going to open it one more time and make sure everything with the battery is correct because the iPhone does absolutely nothing when it's not connected to the computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Are your hosts pointed towards cydia?
    Dude T.M.I

Not sure. How would I check it? But I don't think so because the iPhone was not jailbroken or unlocked before.

Thanks,

Do you have TinyUmbrella on the computer?
    Dude T.M.I

I did. My computer crashed today when I was installing LibUSB & iRecovery and I had to reinstall windows.

When I tried to use TinyUmbrella, it ran whatever it had to run but nothing happened afterwards. The iPhone still turned off during the restore.

Ok. Go into the advanced tab of tinyumbrella and uncheck the box that says set hosts towards cydia on exit. Close tinyumbrella and reboot the computer. Then try restoring again without tinyumbrella
    Dude T.M.I

Downloading it now. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the help so far. Hopefully, this works out

Nope. I ran TinyUmbrella. Unchecked that box. Saved. Restarted my computer. iTunes. Restore and still nothing. Same exact thing. Damn......