+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with dock connector and home button.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all, today i changed my dock connector because my old one was broken, everything was well until i had to put the screws back which took forever, now it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need help with dock connector and home button.
    Hey all, today i changed my dock connector because my old one was broken, everything was well until i had to put the screws back which took forever, now it is time to reassmble the phone and i have pins 5 and 6 in no problem, 1,2,3 seem to be easy but #4 the dock connector i replaced is having issues staying connected in, it keeps popping out, my only solution is to put tape over it to hold it down for a night and hope that the idk what the orange thing that is holding it is called, flex cable? bends down so that i can connect pin 4. Because what i think is the flex cable is completley straight which isnt allowing pin 4 to connect properly. I tried doing a search but couldnt find anything! can i get some quick help please. I can always message the ebay seller and ask him if thats normal too?

Oh and #2, does anyone know if the aluminum foil trick on the little home button clips works to fix the iphone home button?
    Last edited by ArminT; 07-25-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's the thing about replacement part. They usually don't fit properly
    The flex cable for pin 4 is a tad longer so you need to bend it a little so it can sit right on top of pin 4 and it should snap in. Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got a new one and its suppose to bend easier, do you know if the aluminum foil trick is good?

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry I never has issue with home button so I don't know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, I just got the new dock connector from ebay. Yeah the replacement parts are horriable like pin 4 doesnt really snap into place, it kinda just goes in, the flex wire thats on pin 4 even if i bend it, it just un bends . this sux! 2 dock connectors both are $hitty!