Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G new battery dies overnight

Default iPhone 3G new battery dies overnight
    I just installed a new 3G battery I got off eBay in my phone because the old one was going crazy , now the phone is stable but the battery drains in 2 hours and dies, I put it in yesterday so maby it just needs to be charged until the juice could be held?

Any advice is much appreciated

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Could be many things.

As you suggested, let it fully charge / discharge may help.
    Even though new, the battery could be faulty or not compatible.
    A rouge process (like a virus from a non-supported / warez repo) could be running crazy....

If you've installed cracked apps or warez .... well ... they cause many strange problems.

FYI: MMi does not allow the discussion of cracked app / warez issues.

Um no the phone was never jailbroken , though after I bought the battery I left it sitting for 2 months, though when I installed it it had like 70% juice

I just restored the phone because it was epically slow, (only 200mb available

So I let it die completely and am charging it now till it's fully charged, if the problem stays should I order a new batt?

That's the only reason I can see ;(

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Sounds like a good plan to me

Fully charging & discharging two or three times may bring it back to normal.

New problem

Phone shuts off completely and won't reboot unless I press home+power

And then shuts off ;(

MrDabbas
    Can I ask you a question.
    I to have a Iphone 3g, and today I tried to replace the battery, one which I bought off ebay.
    I got the screen off, removed all the ribbons, except one that is not present or seems to be missing
    its at the bottom on the right side just were the "longer" screw is ..I have no ribbon there
    just a small metal piece, which I don't think is a ribbon. Can you be of any help with this
    all the video's shows a ribbon, and mine does not have a ribbon...
    thanks
    wish I could be of help with your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman58 View Post
    MrDabbas
    Can I ask you a question.
    I to have a Iphone 3g, and today I tried to replace the battery, one which I bought off ebay.
    I got the screen off, removed all the ribbons, except one that is not present or seems to be missing
    its at the bottom on the right side just were the "longer" screw is ..I have no ribbon there
    just a small metal piece, which I don't think is a ribbon. Can you be of any help with this
    all the video's shows a ribbon, and mine does not have a ribbon...
    thanks
    wish I could be of help with your problem
    The iPhone 3G does not have that ribbon.. Only the 3GS has it