+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If anyone can help a noob in need, please. Battery.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask if someone can help me out. I have red 50 pages so far and did not find exactly what I needed or was
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default If anyone can help a noob in need, please. Battery.
    Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask if someone can help me out. I have red 50 pages so far and did not find exactly what I needed or was looking for. So here goes.....

I have the Iphone 3gs and was having problems. Every time I would open up an app the phone would shut down. So I did the most recent update and still the same thing. I could not turn it back on unless I plugged it into a power source. Even after it charged over night. So I went out and got a new battery and put it in as the directions stated. Well I missed the 3rd cable and it pulled out and the clip is still on. I replaced the battery and all the cables back on then i had the apple screen on with a circle rotating but would go no further. I took it apart again put it back then had a white screen so I took it apart again and assembled it and now I have sound and vibrate but I have no screen it is black.

Can someone help me out please? Thank you so very much, Mike......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

You may have fried the lcd and need a new one

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mrdabbas's Avatar
    Thanks

On the 3GS I have learned the hard way that you should never open up a phone while the phone is turned on, on the 3G it's slot simpler, the connector for the LCD on the mainboard of a 3GS is extremely fragile and removing the LCD cable from the mainboard should not be handled roughly, I hate to be so frank but my guess is the new LCD is a 50/50 chance,

Thanks

I have replaced the whole assembly, and when i put the 3 clips back into place, the phone came right up. find someone else with a good iphone 3gs and ask them to try your display. that way you will know if it is the display, or maybe just reassembly gone wrong somewhere.
    unklbyl