+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs touch screen un-responsive after water damage

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Story goes like this: Iphone 3gs got wet, I dried it out for a couple days in rice and let it sit before charging. Phone charged up, back light comes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs touch screen un-responsive after water damage
    Story goes like this:
    Iphone 3gs got wet, I dried it out for a couple days in rice and let it sit before charging.
    Phone charged up, back light comes on, can use ipod through car and other devices, see that i am recieving txt messages and missed calls, but i cant unlock the phone because the screen does not respond.

I purchased a replacement digitizer and installed, same issue the touch screen wont respond. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Corroded connector or shorted out touchscreen controller chip would be my guess.
    I have heard of some success with soaking the logic board in isopropyl alcohol for a few days.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,489 Times in 599 Posts

soaking the entire main board in ipa is not good. on the bottom side of the main board youll see a grey square. ipa eats this away. i would take a toothbrush to the main board and give all connectors a good scrub. then use a can of air duster to help dry it out.