Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone wont connect to itunes

Default Iphone wont connect to itunes
    OK so I have an Iphone 3gs that i just got from a friend. It is in emergency mode with no sim in it. this Iphone is not recognized by windows 7 or itunes. In DFU mode it does not show up in ireb4 and it also does not show up in tinyumbrella. I also have 2 other iphones in the house that are unlocked and jailbroken and both of those show up fine in all the above list apps. So i know the drivers are ok on windows and that the cables are okay. Is it possible that this is a hardware problem with the usb connections on the iphone??

resinstall itunes?i had that problem and it fixed it

Tried that, This phone has been plugge into 3 different comps with 3 different itunes and as before, my persoinal phone shows up on all comps and my friends does not show up on any

Very possible a hardware issue. The phone may have bad dock connector. Does it charge on computer or at electrical outlet?

Well I didnt really notice if it was charging or not and my friend took the phone home. Can you tell what it would mean if the phone charged or didnt? Im assuming if it didnt charge either it would definately be hardware. Could it still be the hardware if the phone charges?

Probably same thing as mine, my dock connector went out :/ my couldnt charge either, connect to computer, no sound either. no call either. I ordered new one and shoudl fix it in a few days and see.

if it did not charge then hopefully your dock connector went out like the guy above. It should be a cheap fix because the whole dock assembly is less than 10 bucks on ebay. If you have another working 3GS (3G may work too), you can swap the logic board from the faulty iphone to the working one to see if you can sync and charge then it definitely the dock assembly.