Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Switch Logic Boards

Default Switch Logic Boards
    Hello! I have an iPhone 3G and a iPhone 3GS. The sleep button on the 3GS is broke and the case is all beat up. On the 3G, the sleep buttton works and the case is clean. Is it possible to open both iphones, take the logic board, screen, and camera from the 3GS and
    put them in the iphone 3G case? Basically, I wanna switch the cases (Switch hardware from one case to the other).

P.S. Already have both iPhones Open. LOL.
    Last edited by Spykam22; 07-19-2011 at 08:10 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I recall correctly, both the 3G & 3GS use the same cases.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16 View Post
    If I recall correctly, both the 3G & 3GS use the same cases.
    How about the flex cable? Do they use the same?

I think it is possible but you also need to swap the dock assembly and the battery too. I don't know about the flex cable but let see if it work with 3G flex cable first (you got them open already right )

Actually the 3g and 3gs housings are ALMOST the same. The spot where the camera rests is slightly different. You can put a 3g camera and board into either housing, but a 3gs board with a 3gs camera will only fit in a 3gs housing properly.

Alternatively you can take a 3g camera and put it on the 3gs board and use the entire assy in the 3g housing, but when you install the 3g camera it will disable your ability to record video.

Thanks

as said above, the swap is "ALMOST" possible. the ringer assyis not the same, the cables from the dock assy to the motherboard are not the same, and the camera will not fit properly. I did one about a year ago, and could not get the digitizer back into position properly. you can try, but don't get your expectations up too high.
    unklbyl