Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting Rid of 'Accessory is not Optimized for the Iphone' message

Default Getting Rid of 'Accessory is not Optimized for the Iphone' message
    Hi all,

I have heard there is a way (poss by ssh) where as I can disable this annoying as balls message that i get every few seconds. Last night I got some water dripped into it and now the damn message wont go away. Funny thing is everything else works ok. I have already tried blasting it with hairdryer, qtips, etc etc. Just curious if there is a way to disable that message. Thanks!

Try cleaning the dock port very well with isopropyll alcohol, especially the pins which are on top of the dock mid rib. There may still be some water present which will take a couple of days to dry out. Try cleaning with the isopropyll alcohol over the next couple of days also.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1 Good idea ... With the power off. A higher percentage of alcohol is better (90% +)

Had this message pop up while I was on vacation, annoying really. Each time I would unlock my phone the message would pop up, while texting..boom message, on a call..boom message, at night not being touched it would light up every thirty or so seconds with the message as well. I couldn't restore right away, the fix for me? Hard reboot (home + sleep button) 10 times, in session. I swear my phone runs quicker, too.