+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS - Sleep/Wake Button Not Working + Won't turn on, Only Shows Indicator Screen

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello! I have an iPhone 3GS. The Sleep/Wake Button broke off. I'm sticking my nail down in the hole where it(the button) would usually be and clicking the button. The
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS - Sleep/Wake Button Not Working + Won't turn on, Only Shows Indicator Screen
    Hello! I have an iPhone 3GS. The Sleep/Wake Button broke off. I'm sticking my nail down in the hole where it(the button) would usually be and clicking the button. The button is not working! I then plug my iPhone up to the wall socket and it shows a battery screen like this:

But when I wiggle the cord, it looks like this:

After a while, it turns on when it is charging. But then it says its the battery life is low and shuts off then I have to restart the process. Any help?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Get it fixed Sorry, couldn't help it (haha). I see two separate problems, power button and dock connector, and maybe more. There's not much we can do to help unless you're in to fixing miniature electronic components. It's easy to break something without experience.

I suggest letting a pro fix it

An iPhone repair shop in your neighborhood?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope. There is an apple store about 30 min. away from where I live. It is not the dock connector because I tried it on my neighbors iPhone and it worked.