Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS > white screen when coming from lockscreen

Angry 3GS > white screen when coming from lockscreen
    Hello all and thanx for reading.
    3GS - yesterday started happen that when I try to unlock (come back from the lockscreen to the springboard, where you see all the icons) a white screen appears and wont leave. I have to reboot the iphone and don`t let it lock, cause it happens again.
    its weird a hardware problem, cause it seems everything goes normal until i lock the device
    I restored. 4.3.3 - 4.1. When I finish restoring it happens again. (previous to jb.)
    Some ideas?

sorry my english is very poor.

Thanx for the help.

I have seen this a couple of times on iPhone 3GS. Lock phone or sleep mode > wake > White Screen. The only difference with the ones I fixed was, that I never saw the lockscreen, sleep mode went right to White Screen, never saw Lock Screen. Each time it was a bad LCD display. Never know with iPhones, but this exact senario was fixed with new LCD.

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    I have seen this a couple of times on iPhone 3GS. Lock phone or sleep mode > wake > White Screen. The only difference with the ones I fixed was, that I never saw the lockscreen, sleep mode went right to White Screen, never saw Lock Screen. Each time it was a bad LCD display. Never know with iPhones, but this exact senario was fixed with new LCD.
    Well, my mistake. I never see the lockscreen cause it goes like off. But when trying to come back it turn white. No way to solve it but rebooting. Then I can see the lockscreen until I unlock it.
    Itīs like weird, because when I reboot-turn on the device it goes to natural lockscreen, it unlocks right. But THEN, if going back to lockscreen and try to unlock itīs where the white screen shows up.
    Iīm using NoLock from Cydia to keep it alive, but u know battery...
    Thanx for answering 805 93003
    Last edited by SsputniikK; 06-27-2011 at 07:06 AM.