+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs in dfu mode loop

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys i have a iphone 3gs...i got it water damaged a few weeks ago. but i put it in rice for 4 days after i dropped it in water.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 3gs in dfu mode loop
    Hey guys i have a iphone 3gs...i got it water damaged a few weeks ago. but i put it in rice for 4 days after i dropped it in water. went to charge it and phone turned on but would boot up and display only the apple logo and would turn off and one by its self while charging and battery would display low, all buttons did not work. finally started holding the home and top button for awhile and it finally booted but guess it in dfu mode since the itunes icon shows with the usb cable but the slide to open shows as well in different languages. Tried restoring the phone on itunes but does not work got me in a loop. every now and then itunes says ti insert sim and it is not activated only gotten that to pop up like 3 times, and i dont have the sim in it. Wondering if there is a program i can use to get me out this loop or if my phone is dead *_*

I haz a number
    Thanks

If you have a mac use Pwnage Tool and make a Custom Firmware. Pwnage Tool will put you into Pwned DFU and will acivate your iPhone for you. If you have windoze use Sn0wbreeze and make a Custom Firmware. Sn0wbreeze will put you into Pwned DFU and will activate your iPhone for you. At the end of your Restore, if you have anymore Recovery Mode (DFU mode) loop problems have program TinyUmbrella ready to Exit Recovery, in TinyUmbrella just press the "Exit Recovery" Button.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaotic_sipote View Post
    ...Wondering if there is a program i can use to get me out this loop or if my phone is dead
    Note: If you see the Apple logo, you're not in DFU. DFU mode has a blank screen. I would think/hope you could get into the pwnd-DFU mode using PwnageTool or Redsn0w unless there's a real hardware problem. The timing could be a little tricky since it's looping.