+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 black>white conversion HELP!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am meeting with a guy tomorrow to convert my black iPhone 4 to white. He says they are "OEM quality" and all that stuff. He sent me a few
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 black>white conversion HELP!
    I am meeting with a guy tomorrow to convert my black iPhone 4 to white. He says they are "OEM quality" and all that stuff. He sent me a few pictures which are here:

He charges $125 for everything. Now, are there different "qualitys" of the kit i should know or are they all the same? He claims like oem and stuff but im scared of a few things. I REALLY want my phone white but dont want my screen to short out a week later since i do need a whole new screen and all, correct?

I read camera pics sometimes arent as clear, prox sensor issues are a common issue with conversions. Should I be worried or do the swaps turn out like oem?

EDIT: Check this out.

I want this.

OEM iPhone 4 4G LCD Screen Display Digitizer Assembly | eBay UK

With the black bar but this is from the UK and doesn't have the US dollars. where can I purchase the full kit like this!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,721 Times in 852 Posts

I know this isn't helpful, but have you ever wondered if there are any white iPhone 4 owners that are looking to convert it to black? The premise is just as silly either way, I think.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is completely irrelevant but... what theme is active on the iPhone in the first picture?
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,214 Posts

Those are not oem parts in the pics
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have just started selling OEM kits. OEM screen with new proximity sensors. Im doing a special right now the first 3 to get a kit get them for $85 installed! just trying to get some good feedback going here on the boards. check out my thread in the BST section. if i can help in any way just let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why is there a need for a new LCD when converting from black to white?
    How do these parts look? White Touch Screen Digitizer Front Glass + Metal Frame: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

What's Jailbreak? iRepairSolutions's Avatar
    Thanks

All Chinese suppliers claim to have OEM quality replacement screens but it is questionable at best. Everything is made in China including Apple parts so I would not worry about this. The important thing to consider with this type of repair is to make sure that the proximity sensor works when it is done. Place a call to make sure that the screen shuts of when you place it to your ear. Make sure all portions of the screen respond to touch and that there are no dead pixels on the LCD.
    No sig spam or advertisement

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairSolutions View Post
    All Chinese suppliers claim to have OEM quality replacement screens but it is questionable at best. Everything is made in China including Apple parts so I would not worry about this. The important thing to consider with this type of repair is to make sure that the proximity sensor works when it is done. Place a call to make sure that the screen shuts of when you place it to your ear. Make sure all portions of the screen respond to touch and that there are no dead pixels on the LCD.
    This is the best information so far. I've not had any problems with any of the color kits in regards to the LCD and digitizer. The only thing I would add to the above comment is to look at the parts BEFORE he installs them. If there are any visual defects that you can't live with then don't have it done. Other things to check; Make sure the rubber around the edge of the screen sits on the frame of the phone all the way around so there are no gaps. Make sure he has the mesh covering the earhole pre-installed. And definitely the proximity sensor.