Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me solve my unknown Iphone 3g Problem

Default Help me solve my unknown Iphone 3g Problem
    Hi all i have an iphone 3g 8gb. Now the problem is the iphone don't charge or fully start and i am 1000% sure it is not the dock. The reason why is because when i plug in through usb through ac port if i press the power on button the phone stays on apple logo for 5 seconds and shuts back off also i have changed the battery as well. Not only that but while it is starting up and i take out the charger from the wall the phone automatically shuts backs off. Now on google i did quite extensive research to fix this problem but what has happen is they said to do a dfu restorebut the phone does not start up at all when plugged into a computer. Its like it needs higher voltage to be even able to start up. So it would be great if you can help me! One thing i would like to do is to be able to make it detect in the computer so i can restore!

Are you sure it isn't the battery as you have said that you have changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Are you sure it isn't the battery as you have said that you have changed it.
    I'm more than positive because I bough a battery and changed it but rightnpw I'm using my other iPhone 3G so what I will try is take the motherboard from the other iPhone and put it in the working iPhone 3G and see if it works. I'm just switching the motherboards around from thehousing I'm not swishing battery or components just motherboard so I can see if it works. And if the motherboard or iphonevstill shuts off after 5 seconds that means the iPhone is dead in a way

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

any news on the logic board switch? it sounds like to me it would be the battery. or maybe the connections on where the battery and logic board meet.

Quote Originally Posted by delutedsoul View Post
    any news on the logic board switch? it sounds like to me it would be the battery. or maybe the connections on where the battery and logic board meet.
    Now I forgot to mention one thing that might be important! When I was switching a ribbon for the phone the headphone ribbon entire thing I came to a spark from the screw driver touching the motherboard accidentally. Now this occured at the end of the dock to the right to the back of the motherboard there is a small silver square that I think can be copper the screw driver touched there and a spark happens. Now what I did was reassembled the phone but didn't turn o those results that I wrote up there was what happen and than I switched battery still samething so I am going to make one last attempt before I sell the phone for parts which I newly put. Thanks for your help support guys!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

well this community has saved me alot of time and money. so I hope I could help a little in some way