Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - Broken glass

Default iPhone 4 - Broken glass
    Iphone fall n glass shatter were can buy a QUALITY screen replacement + digitizer kit .I am located in the States .IF anyone no a good repair in Chicago shot me private message

eBay. I bought one from seller "pro.pal789", it was the best price (at the time) and I was very pleased with the quality. Kind of annoyed now that I see they are $6 cheaper than when I bought mine not long ago. You will have to transfer your existing ear speaker mesh and the clear plastic ring around the camera lens.

Only 2 ways I could tell it wasn't genuine Apple:
    1. Front camera is slightly more visible due to no tint (very subtle, doubt anyone would notice). Apparently, genuine Apple glass is slightly tinted.
    2. No oleophobic coating. You can't tell by looking, but soapy water won't bead up on it like it does with genuine Apple.

Other than those things, it's indistinguishable from OEM in appearance and function.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

i dropped and broke my glass on my iphone 4 and i bought my screen replacement from wholesale gadget parts. I tried the soapy water test and it beads up so i assume its oem and the price was only 79.00. I am very happy with my screen i received from them. I hope that helps a little and good luck. also i forgot to mention i purchased it from ebay and the ebay seller was wholesale gadget parts.
    Last edited by delutedsoul; 06-15-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: info

Quote Originally Posted by delutedsoul View Post
    i dropped and broke my glass on my iphone 4 and i bought my screen replacement from wholesale gadget parts. I tried the soapy water test and it beads up so i assume its oem and the price was only 79.00. I am very happy with my screen i received from them. I hope that helps a little and good luck. also i forgot to mention i purchased it from ebay and the ebay seller was wholesale gadget parts.
    Is that the one based in Tulsa, OK? I see seller "wholesalegadgetparts" has them for $46 as "Seller Refurbished" and $177 for brand new OEM. I may have to try them next time. The oleophobic coating seems to make a noticeable difference as to how easy the screen is to wipe clean.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

really 49 lol I paid 79 for mine about 2 months back. that figures. I buy most of my products from them. I do repairs for a side job and their products are cheap but great quality. and yes it's from Tulsa. Wich is another reason I use them alot. they are close to me so shipping is super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by snakema13 View Post
    Iphone fall n glass shatter were can buy a QUALITY screen replacement + digitizer kit .I am located in the States .IF anyone no a good repair in Chicago shot me private message
    Im a couple miles near chicago.

guys thanks u all for input .what the links for that website

For wholesalegadgetparts? Don't know if a link is allowed, so go to eBay and search for item #330491397182.
    If you get it, I would be interested to know what you think of it and also if the one you get has an oleophobic coating (description doesn't mention anything about being genuine Apple).
    You can test for that with a little bit of soapy water, get some on your finger and smear it around the screen. It'll stay flat if there is no coating, but will bead up if there is.