+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS backplate

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I did use the search function, I know the the usual response on a forum is omg search noob, whenever a 1 post person asks a question. I did find
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS backplate
    I did use the search function, I know the the usual response on a forum is omg search noob, whenever a 1 post person asks a question. I did find some interesting information, but I couldn't find a confirmation on the question of

"Will an iPhone 3G case fit on the back of an iPhone 3GS?"

I'm interested in getting a blue backplate for my 3GS 32gb and I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, the back housings are exactly the same. If you buy an aftermarket it will fit either 3G or 3Gs. However, try to read some reviews or feedback on the place you're buying from. There are some really terrible knock-off back housings out there that make changing the color not even worth it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 597 Posts

i was dumb and purchased a back housing for my 3g from china. it looked great but once i got everything transferred to the new backing,it didnt line up properly. so try and keep that in mind. not to mention it took almost 3 months to get to me. needless to say i will not purchase another backing from china.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delutedsoul View Post
    i was dumb and purchased a back housing for my 3g from china. it looked great but once i got everything transferred to the new backing,it didnt line up properly. so try and keep that in mind. not to mention it took almost 3 months to get to me. needless to say i will not purchase another backing from china.
    You cheaped out. Every iPhone is made in China, so you must have bought a cheaper one rather than spending a little more on a better quality backplate.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 597 Posts

yea it was extremely cheap. but i did learn a lesson though.