Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DIY gold back for iPhone 4

Default DIY gold back for iPhone 4
    This mod took me a while because i wasnt sure what kind of paint to use, until i went to my local craft supply store, it took 3 hours for the paint to set properly

but basically first thing was first, remove the back of the phone, for me i got lucky, i didnt have the new pentagonal screws, i just had the #00 phillips

second, remove the glass from the plastic bezzel, a little challenging, but if you take it easy shouldnt break anything

now before i go any further, this does void your warranty, i was just bored of the plain old black

now third soak the back in some paint thinner for an hour or 2, any less than that the paint wont come off without some fight

the apple logo and lettering will not come off with the paint thinner, so if you do want to keep it, its not a problem, if you dont want it then just take some steel wool and itll come off no problem, clean the now transparent glass with some windex and paper towel

you can remove the camera lens from the back of the phone to avoid getting any paint on it, use any colour youd like make sure it is stained glass paint, it works fantastic

once set, re-attach the glass to the plastic bezzel and replace it back on your phone

i havent done the front of my phone yet, but when thats done ill do a picture tutorial
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-2011-06-09-19.08.jpg