+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs White screen after repair

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok guys heres my issue. i have a iphone 3gs that had a broken screen after replacing the glass digitizer and lcd i now have a white screen. any leads
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 3gs White screen after repair
    ok guys heres my issue. i have a iphone 3gs that had a broken screen after replacing the glass digitizer and lcd i now have a white screen. any leads as to what causes the white screen? everything works it syncs to itunes u can hear the vibration music plays everything works minus this "white" screen... also the phone has NO WATER DAMAGE. please help thanks in advance.!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LCD probably isnt plugged in that good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've tried several times i believe its in there good. i had it work for about 4 seconds where i actually saw the screen then it went back to the white screen.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it's really plugged in good, then it's possible the LCD flex cable could be damaged from too much flexing. If you have an extra 3GS, try swapping the screens and see if the problem stays with the screen. If so, it's a bad flex.

I haz a number
    Thanks

The fix for white screen is Reset, hold together Home and Power buttons for about 15 seconds, iphone will power off by itself and then restart. If you still have white screen problem then it is a bad display LCD. To avoid damaging LCD when working on 3gs, always have iPhone OFF. If iPhone is on when reattaching Cable #1 you risk damaging LCD or even worse the Logic Board.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have tried now several times and nothing ... every button works on the phone and can receive calls.. i have also tried using a different LCD screen with the same results. i have Thoroughly inspected the logic board as well and have found no signs of damage. i am running out of options for this customer. it has to be the LCD screen but how could 3 of them be bad?? unless it would be the connector on the logic board but it appears to be fine. im lost on this one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Press and hold the home button, then the up-volume button, then the sleep/power button (so all three buttons are now pressed and held) --- it takes a while, but the white screen will go away and then after another 10 seconds or so (still holding btw!) the apple logo will come up, release the buttons and then wait, it'll boot normally again in a minute or two.
    Try the following: How to Fix iPhone White Screen of Death