+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: data retrieval from water damaged iphone

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is there anyway to sync the flash drive with itunes one last time before getting a replacement phone so that i dont lose my contacts and pictures i had gotten
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default data retrieval from water damaged iphone
    is there anyway to sync the flash drive with itunes one last time before getting a replacement phone so that i dont lose my contacts and pictures i had gotten in the last month since syncing my phone to my computer? really after one contact and a few pictures, i checked my online call log and never called the number.. had just gotten the phone number literally an hour or two before my phone decided it wanted to swim... and the pictures are sort of irreplaceable

im pretty savy (quick learner at least) when it comes to computers and electronics.. im not afraid to take the mobo out and solder or anything like that so if you have ANY ideas, im open to them

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Only if you can get it to come up on your computer when it's plugged in.. sometimes all it needs is a good clean and/or battery.
    iRepair Indy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i think its a gonner... i took it all apart and cleaned all the contacts with a cotton swab and some alcohol.. let it bake in the oven at low temperature for a few hours.. put it back together and nothing...

maybe i could try a new battery but i think its got more problems than that, damn

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try soaking the mainboard in isopropyl alcohol for awhile. That may clean off some corrosion.
    If that doesn't work, the PMIC may be fried.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Next time throw it in a bag of rice right after, or in front of a hair dryer and then try powering it up a few days later. sorry for your loss my friend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah, unfortunately the reason the phone went in the pool was that i was slightly (ok very) inebriated... i wasnt thinking the smartest and didnt mess with it till the next day and didnt think to do the rice trick... oh well

lost one pretty girls number, luckily there are many more!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do not panic once drop your iPhone into water.
    Just do things in the right you, you can not only get your photos back, and also make your iPhone fine.
    -------------------------------------------------
    How to dry out water damaged iPhone/iPad/iPod?
    Follow these steps to dry out iPhone/iPad/iPod at first. If you are lucky, you may get iPhone/iPad/iPod back in working order soon.
    (1) Remove it from the water immediately.
    (2) Turn the iPhone/iPad/iPod off.
    (3) Dry it off with a towel.
    Note: Do not dry it off with a blow dryer as this could melt the circuit board and other parts.
    (4) Put iPhone/iPad/iPod in a bunch of silica packets, or in the bowl of uncooked rice and cover it up.
    (5) Leave the device in the rice for at least 24 hours and preferably 48 hours.
    --------------------------------------------------
    How to recover data from water damaged iPhone?
    1. Connect iPhone 4/3GS that has been dried out to the computer and run iPhone Data Recovery, and then it will require you to enter DFU mode as the interface shows. (if you use iPhone 4s or iPhone 5, you do not need to enter DFU mode)
    2. Do as the three steps to enter DFU mode and it will scan lost data for your iPhone immediately.
    3. Preview and check the data you want, then click “Recover” button to start iPhone data recovery at once.
    Wish these tips can be helpful for you.
    Last edited by alvinbruno; 08-11-2013 at 12:34 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    often times, the battery is the first thing to go once your phone goes for a swim. if you've already cleaned off any corrosion with some alcohol, I would order a new battery (only about $4) and plug her in and 9 times out of 10, it'll turn on. Worth a shot if your photos and contacts are important to you. Find a place that will take refunds in case it doesn't work. You've got nothing to lose!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you've ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, you'll have a backup file generated by iTunes on your computer. Then you can use iPhone Data Recovery or iPhone Data Recovery for Mac to recover data on your water damaged iPhone. Both of them can help to extract your iTunes backup and recover all contents from it.