Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 stuck in DFU mode Help Plzzzz

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 stuck in DFU mode Help Plzzzz
    Hey all my iphone 4 got the black screen of death so I went to the apple store and of course they determined the same thing and gave me a new one. Well my problem with this is that when I would plug the old one into my PC and tried to restore it would look like it was successfully doing it and then it would just sit with the restoring Iphone software for hours. So like I said I went to the apple store and they gave me a new phone. The guy at apple told me when I got home to just restore my old stuff through itunes. Well i did that tonight and the same thing is happeneing to this new phone where it just hangs and doesn't completely update. On the phone screen is the status bar with the apple logo and it gets to about 2/3 and just sits there. On the itunes screen status bar it gets to about 1/2 inch from being done and that just sits there. Now any help would be great and just keep in mind I am not too smart when it comes to this but I can read. Is it possible that when my old phone backed up yesterday it was a corrupt file? I am so confused, now the iphone is to the point where when I plug it into itunes it only recognizes the phone in recovery mode and won't even let me choose another restore point. Once again thank you for any help you can give. I attached a pic of where my old phone was getting stuck at and the new phone is getting stuck at the same spot. Thank you for your help again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-stuck.jpg  

are you trying to restore it to 4.2.1 without blobs? sorry kind of confused lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

ya I guess so I was just trying to do a basic restore of the stuff from old phone onto the new one and it is still stuck

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try to do a fresh restore. Also, use TinyUmbrella to determine if you have SHSH blobs saved.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!