+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home button AFTER conversion

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, So I've done an iPhone 4 Conversion to White and I'm happy with it. However, I noticed that my home button seems rather "sunken". It doesn't have that
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Home button AFTER conversion
    Hi guys,

So I've done an iPhone 4 Conversion to White and I'm happy with it. However, I noticed that my home button seems rather "sunken". It doesn't have that 'flush' feel that it had originally. Also, it doesn't have that clicking noise that it used to prior to conversion.

Does anyone know what I can do to possibly have those features back? I know it isn't a big deal but it feels nicer to be able to not have a sunken home button. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem with some black iPhone 4 lcd/digitizers. It appears that the hole is a bit too small. So, the button is pushed down and does not move up and down like it should. Not sure if you kept the Apple factory button or used a white one that came with the kit. I found that many knock-off black iPhone 3 series buttons worked better with aftermarket iPhone 4 lcd/digitizers. If you can, take it apart and try a few other buttons to see if you get a better fit

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's actually due to the plastic frame around the glass. Many of the copy parts don't include an OEM frame.

The only way to solve this is to sand down around the edges of the plastic frame. Or you can ask the supplier you got the parts from to send you a get with an OEM frame.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastrbaggins View Post
    Hi guys,

So I've done an iPhone 4 Conversion to White and I'm happy with it. However, I noticed that my home button seems rather "sunken". It doesn't have that 'flush' feel that it had originally. Also, it doesn't have that clicking noise that it used to prior to conversion.

Does anyone know what I can do to possibly have those features back? I know it isn't a big deal but it feels nicer to be able to not have a sunken home button. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    it could be a number of factors.

1. home button flex (I usually reuse the one that is on the oem black button) but if you bought your white home button with flex already attached this is most likely the culprit.

2. was this a straight conversion? or did you have a cracked screen before, if so there's probably left over glass on the adhesive / behind the home button.

3. as other's mentioned before it could also be that the hole for the home button is too small (i've only encountered this once)