Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 power button not working

I replaced the button and the cable.

Still having the same problem.

Warranty ended in June. I am so sick of this. It's a mechanical failure. Apple should fix this regardless if the phone is or out of warranty!

Haha not good business
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

For the people who have old or damaged spare parts laying around such as the headphone jack assembly, i can write a tutorial describing the process of repairing the issue in under 5 minutes. It is a rather easy transfer can save the hassle of actually replacing the whole Power/Proximity/Noise cancellation mic assembly. If anyone is interested please let me know so my efforts do not go to waste!

This is issue is probably one of the most common on earlier generations of iPhone 4 and still present in the newer batches.

Thanks

I decided to dedicate some of my spare time to creating a manual for the referenced post above:

Apple Technician - Modder

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mvn For This Useful Post:

unklbyl (01-22-2012)

Hi Everyone!

I got the same problem with the nub missing .. bought the Proximity Light Sensor Flex Cable from ttatta got it on ebay. I got the flex cable installed successful .. the click is back. However, I have a new problem .. my proximity sensor is not working. The light sensor is working though. I went through the process again and see anything wrong during reassembling process but everthing looks fine, connectors are solid. I have a question for anyone who successfully replace the cable and get everything works. Do you use the old foam ring and foam pad found on the original cable and moved them to the new cable bought from ebay? There is a foam ring sitting on the proximity sensor and and 2 other foam pads sitting on the cable connectors. If you do, how do you manage to get them foams off the original cable. They're glued .. not easy to come off.

May I ask if you did anything with the foam or perhaps I damaged the proximity sensor when I installed it.

thank you for your time .. everyone! DD

I got it working .. just follow this thread see what I did. Woo ha!

Sucessfully installed a new flex cable but...

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome tutorial mvn. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Hello everybody. I've a problem such like this, but bit different. So: power button in my iPhone 4 stopped working - it has lost its click And I found this site, so I bought new proximity flex. I replaced it today, now power button has 'click' but doesnt work - no reaction for my click. What should I do? Proximity sensor is still working, so I don't know what I have to do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DD7 View Post
    Hello everybody. I've a problem such like this, but bit different. So: power button in my iPhone 4 stopped working - it has lost its click And I found this site, so I bought new proximity flex. I replaced it today, now power button has 'click' but doesnt work - no reaction for my click. What should I do? Proximity sensor is still working, so I don't know what I have to do.
    Make sure you check all your connections if that doesn't work it sounds like a bad proximity flex
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

I think connection between flex and phone is ok - in other case proximity sensor will not work. So what? Is it possible, that only one part of flex (maybe microprocessor or sth like that under power button?) is damaged?
    Last edited by DD7; 02-21-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DD7 View Post
    I think connection between flex and phone is ok - in other case proximity sensor will not work. So what? Is it possible, that only one part of flex (maybe microprocessor or sth like that under power button?) is damaged?
    It's most likely just as the other poster said. A bad flex. The way these are made it's entirely possible that there is a flaw that allows the other parts to work just not the button. Aside from physical damage to the board connector I've never seen any other cause assuming that the flex is properly seated to begin with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12