Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Review for my OEM White iPhone 4 Conversion + BLACK Midplate

Default My Review for my OEM White iPhone 4 Conversion + BLACK Midplate
    So here's my review of my conversion:
    First off, the packaging was really good. Each part was packaged in individual boxes each with a foam cushion all around. The parts were placed in plastic bags that rested inside the foamy cushions. It was shipped via DHL and shipping time was about 4-5 days, so very speedy service. He shipped my parts from his supplier to make a faster delivery and overall I got my parts sooner.
    I am more than satisfied with the quality of the parts. Words and pictures can only go so far in showing how it looks, but how it FEELS is another story. Prior to this conversion, I had ordered a kit from iPatchup.org, and frankly, I was dissatisfied with the parts that came. They felt cheap and very plastic like. They also attracted a lot of fingerprints (even if your fingers were clean) and the color matching was off for the front plate and home button. In this case, with Daniel's new iPhone repair shop in Ireland, I was able to get the parts in a good amount of time and they are and feel OEM. Also, conversion was of course simple as I have done it before. It just takes patience, careful fingers, and an organized manner of keeping track of the parts.
    AS for the Black midplate, having it on my phone gives it a whole new look. I was stunned by how it looked when I was done. However, the conversion was very strenuous and took HOURS. It must have been the most difficult conversion I had ever done since I had to transfer parts from the silver midplate to the black plate since it hadn't come with all the stuff preinstalled. Also, the volume/power(sleep) buttons were also not able to be used immediately upon installation. I had to take the silver buttons and move a little "disk" to the black ones so that when pressed, they would make contact with the cable and "click". In the end though, I am MORE than satisfied with how my phone turned out. I am satisfied with how long I spent on my phone - it was worth it.

The only thing that I wasn't really satisfied about, was that I ordered with my friend, and ultimately there was a mistake in our order where there was 2 midplates sent of the AT&T when we wanted one for AT&T and one for Verizon. Also, we didn't get the tools that were promised, but we were his very first error and I am sure he will become a popular source for kits.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the service and how the phone turned out.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a kit, here's his contact info:
    [email protected]
    aka: iamkadaj (on modmyi)

And here are the pictures:
    http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1304919158

***In a couple pictures, the white is off because of the lighting. Sorry, but I'm a horrible photographer. I just take photos and hope they turn out good >.< If you guys want more pictures just let me know!

*****DISCLAIMER: I'm ONLY REVIEWING this kit/parts. I am not selling for anyone and I do not have anything to do with the seller. If you have questions about the parts...CONTACT HIM! He has many different color kits available in BOTH GSM and CDMA!

ENJOY:]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Looks cool. The black edge looks great, I think I would've preferred if the volume buttons were still silver though. But anyhow, it looks awesome regardless.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

mastrbaggins (05-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Looks cool. The black edge looks great, I think I would've preferred if the volume buttons were still silver though. But anyhow, it looks awesome regardless.
    I was actually thinking of keeping it silver...but decided to go black haha. Thanks for the comment!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think it's really cool with the black though. It's unique. I mean yeah people change the housing to red, blue, metal, whatever but nobody changes the edge/lining.

Cool stuff lol.

Looks good besides the fact that the front digi/lcd is obviously not oem parts
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Looks good besides the fact that the front digi/lcd is obviously not oem parts
    Should have known it wasn't oem when he said "they are and feel oem".

Yup a little disappointing i am still trying to find me a good oem wholesaler

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I can understand that for sure. What's a good oem usually run? All of the conversions I've done have always been a colored one. Some are ok others suck I've found. I've done 4 red 3 pink 1 blue and 1 all clear. Had to get 3 different blue and 2 clear ones before I was satisfied with it enough to put my name on it. If you know what I mean.

Honestly I haven't found a legit own carrier. And I am sure they will run pretty high in price. But you get what u pay for.

Thanks

Have to agree. I can get black oems but not any white ones yet. I want to do two I have here in red white and blue and sell them on eBay. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm thinking red back white midframe blue front.

Hey guys!

Just reading the comments about the OEM parts.

Before the official White iphone arrived, the parts that were available were the parts that apple wasn't happy with. OEM to a degree, but ones that didn't pass quality control.
    Obviously to call the full, official and original would be a lie, and it's something I never ever told people.

The White kit you see in this review is the exact same kit as used by Engadget, Ars Technical and even Steve Wozniak... that all come from the same supplier!

Now, the kit you see here has been downgraded to Grade A. It's still the absolute best un-official kit on the Market - hands down!

But as of last week, My supplier got his hands, after much hassle, on the original and official full OEM Kit thats currently on the official White iPhone 4.

I haven't seen anyone else with this kit, but to prove how legit it is, I selected Cowboy/Westerman to receive a free one and he'll do a review for me.

Once again, the one in this review is not FULL OEM, it's made from original components such as the retina display, but it is the kit the didn't pass apples quality control - it's still amazing though!

The FULL OEM and Official kit I have is not much more expensive than the Grade A.... it's only around $30 more expensive.

I'm sure plenty of people will dout what i'm saying, but once Cowboy does the review, you guys will see the real deal

I just ask that if you have questions or concerns please mail me and I'll answer all, Please don't assume things or slam my services before being made fully aware as it could damage my livelihood

Oh, and the full OEM kit I have is also slightly bigger as I'm sure you all know, so keep that in mind for your cases!

Any questions or anything please fire away

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

A big thank you to Mastrbaggins for the review!

My 2nd on ModMyi!

John did a great job on the conversion and it really really looks great!

He had some difficulty during the midplate exchange so he mailed looking for help, unfortunately I was off work for a few days and missed the mails, but it looks like her persevered and got the job done! -1 foe me missin the mail though :P

I will admit, my pride was slightly damaged with John's order...

to speed up his order I shipped directly from my supplier who clearing mixed a few things up. Personally I find that unacceptable in business, but sadly mistakes do happen and it's something that MUST be accepted.
    I was just very lucky that John was such a good sport about it and understood it wasn't myself who personally shipped out. But hey, 1 mistake out of 2,337 orders spanning 2 years ain't bad going

His problem is currently being resolved and I'm sure his buddy will be just as happy as he is!

I'm not one for plugging my products or spamming, I simply just asked these guys to review the product fairly in the Hardware mod section.

I hope that people can feel more comfortable with someone from the Forum taking care of their orders also!

Anyway, thanks again John and I'll be touch!

Anyone else, ask any question you may have!

Daniel

Thank you for clearing that all up sir.

just curious, because the midplate is electrocoated or powdercoated (which ever, ive seen both) does it help at all with death grip? im really considering an all black iphone or white and black like you did, but dont wannt to have to use a case..

Quote Originally Posted by iamkadaj View Post
    Hey guys!

Just reading the comments about the OEM parts.

Before the official White iphone arrived, the parts that were available were the parts that apple wasn't happy with. OEM to a degree, but ones that didn't pass quality control.
    Obviously to call the full, official and original would be a lie, and it's something I never ever told people.

The White kit you see in this review is the exact same kit as used by Engadget, ars technical and even Steve Wozniak... that all come from the same supplier!

Now, the kit you see here has been downgraded to Grade A. It's still the absolute best un-official kit on the Market - hands down!

But as of last week, My supplier got his hands, after much hassle, on the original and official full OEM Kit thats currently on the official White iPhone 4.

I haven't seen anyone else with this kit, but to prove how legit it is, I selected Cowboy/Westerman to receive a free one and he'll do a review for me.

Once again, the one in this review is not FULL OEM, it's made from original components such as the retina display, but it is the kit the didn't pass apples quality control - it's still amazing though!

The FULL OEM and Official kit I have is not much more expensive than the Grade A.... it's only around $30 more expensive.

I'm sure plenty of people will dout what i'm saying, but once Cowboy does the review, you guys will see the real deal

I just ask that if you have questions or concerns please mail me and I'll answer all, Please don't assume things or slam my services before being made fully aware as it could damage my livelihood

Oh, and the full OEM kit I have is also slightly bigger as I'm sure you all know, so keep that in mind for your cases!

Any questions or anything please fire away

Just a question... so your white iphone kits have the black proximity sensor window?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_clean View Post
    just curious, because the midplate is electrocoated or powdercoated (which ever, ive seen both) does it help at all with death grip? im really considering an all black iphone or white and black like you did, but dont wannt to have to use a case..
    The issue itself is with the midplate antenna, and not the kit. But to be 100% honest, I've never ever had a dropped call! Im in Vodafone in Ireland, and I was originally on Three but I really think you need to reeeeeally grip the phone to get cut off!

Personally I've never dropped a call (i still use my original silver midplate)

Quote Originally Posted by hazex36 View Post
    Just a question... so your white iphone kits have the black proximity sensor window?
    Yes sir they do!

Here's a link to my Dropbox, it contains my new price guide, pics and details.

http://db.tt/wao6UZk

Theres also a price comparison pic with the OEM and Grade A side by side!

Oh and any weird spelling mistakes you may see are Apple's fault... Damn auto correct!

would love a official oem front... is there any difference from grade a and oem for the back?
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lild7hina View Post
    would love a official oem front... is there any difference from grade a and oem for the back?
    Of course there is "grade a" isn't oem no matter what they say. I've been doing this kind of "modding" since the 3G and if not oem then it's not oem, it's that simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast