Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom iPhone 3GS

WOW that is amazing! where did you get the parts from btw? i already have a gold bezel and gold sleep button on my 3GS, but id love to put that gold back on mine! If possible PM a link to where you bought it? cheers bro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Looks great, but I always read those vacuum metalized coatings greatly reduce signal strength. Did you find any decrease in signal or Wifi strength?
    I've done a couple of these housings and each time they have made a very noticeable loss in signal strength. Especially while indoors.

I really like the red housing! I should be doing a full white conversion (Housing, bezel, screen) on my 3GS this weekend if I get all the parts in. I can't wait to get started on that.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybyers View Post
    That sucks, I'm working on a complete i4 mod, it's a slow work in progress as it is my every day cellphone, but would you have any suggestions on how to coat the antenna?
    The housing comes plated.. It costs 8 bux what do you expect lol

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Looks great, but I always read those vacuum metalized coatings greatly reduce signal strength. Did you find any decrease in signal or Wifi strength?
    Well it has a very light gold finish over the bezel therefore cannot reduce the signal more that any case would.. Antenna on it is full strength and never dropped a call on me.. I'm on t mobile

Quote Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
    This is really nice man, I do this kind of stuff too, I've done a bunch of phones so far, helps bring in the $$ fixin cracks for people or selling 'em on eBay. I've ran into problems with these backs not looking as good as the OEM, which manufacturer do you use for the backs? What I'm saying in the replacement plastics I buy look slightly less than authentic and I am wondering if you've found a good dealer for em?
    Well I early do black or white iPhones so the buyers know a red iPhone back isn't "authentic"

However the easiest back housing to install are the black and white ones.. They go for 3-4 bucks on eBay .. The metallic gold bezel costs 6$ on eBay also.. Very good stuff too

Quote Originally Posted by purpl7duece View Post
    I've done a couple of these housings and each time they have made a very noticeable loss in signal strength. Especially while indoors.

I really like the red housing! I should be doing a full white conversion (Housing, bezel, screen) on my 3GS this weekend if I get all the parts in. I can't wait to get started on that.
    Show us when ur done >.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12