Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Screen

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No Screen
    My wife smashed her screen on 3G, bought a new digitiser and fitted. before putting back together fully turned on to check it all worked and it was. I pressed the power button but didn't turn off and fitted the screen back in and replaced the last fixing screws.
    I then tried to turn the phone back on but the screen is blank. When I took back apart I noticed that the home button cable is broken, Tried everything but cannot get the screen back on, it has power as I can connect to iTunes etc.

Any ideas, does a broken home button cable stop the screen turning on? has the LCD blown? Is there any sort of driver on the main unit which i could have damaged?

Any suggestions?

The home button has nothing to do with the screen. I'd check the cables and see if any popped out again. That might be the problem

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    The home button has nothing to do with the screen. I'd check the cables and see if any popped out again. That might be the problem
    Checked the cables a couple of times, still nothing. Not sure if somehow when it was on I have blown the lcd?

It might have been defective too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No it was fine originally she had been using it for a few days while the new digitiser came in the post and it did work on the first fit

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did you touch anything else while the phone was pried open?

I know that when iPod digitizers are replaced that the home button and all the extras on the digitizer are recommended to be replaced too.

My guess is that it's a loose cable.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!