Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 Titanium Backs

Default iphone 4 Titanium Backs
    Titanium backs are rare, and good quality ones are even more so. So I decided to take a crack at it and made some custom precision cut ones. These are custom cut solid titanium....tried to make it as true to the original as possible.

Here are some design prototypes I came up with. Let me know what you all think!
    Design feedback?

Thanks everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -prototype-3s.jpg  
    Last edited by kenink; 05-05-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: New to the forum...didn't know I was spamming....sorry folks / newbie here / thanks Super Duper Moderator for the BOD!

Beautiful kits brother, they for sale?

I'd love to resell these through my company..

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 6,199 Posts

Typically this type of post would be deleted and member banned. I"m going to give you the benefit of doubt here (with only one post) and if members are interested, they have an option to send you a PM (private message).
    And we'll see how it goes, as spamming in not allowed in our forums.
    Enjoy and welcome to MMi.

I suggest you read the forum rules also so we're on the same page.

Thank u for the benefit of the doubt. Quite new to this, and it wasn't my intention to spam. Sorry folks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kenink For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (05-05-2011)

These look really nice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where do I order?
    iRepair Indy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I like that middle one. How much? Of course I'm not keen on opening my phone up but I'm curious.

Annie it's actually pretty easy to switch
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

yes, doesn't mean I want to. I'm. Perfectionist especially when I sell my iPhones in like new original condition.

OOoh I see lol sorry
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I like that middle one. How much? Of course I'm not keen on opening my phone up but I'm curious.
    Ditto, like to see some better pics too, but the center one is very cool, 2 screws, anyone can replace the rear of an iP4, even meh.

I will try to get some better picture for all of you later on. Personally, I like the black one also, it's matte brushed, and smooth. This is just a test prototype. The final piece will be a little different and more refined.

Let me know what you like or don't like about them. My goal is to make things that are original and will compliment the iPhone in an aesthetically equivalent manner. Apple made this phone into an icon, refining the category, in terms of design refinement, quality.....I wouldn't dare mess that up by slapping on a piece of plastic and putting an apple logo on it :P

Thanks

First, better pics, second, maybe a give away. to a member who would be able to do a video install and give up his thought.
    I could recommend someone if you liked, no, not me.

I'd do it or West aka "Cowboy" would do it too
    Dude T.M.I

I got a few questions regarding prices.... The folks at Mas designs haven't got back to me yet. But I do know that they will be a bit pricey, cuz of the way they are made, since they are not mass produced. They EDM wire-cut individual pieces, hand finished them, and laser engrave them using Italian laser engraving machine. Oh, and the are outfitted with all the original components, not just a makeshift hinges that clings on the back of your iphone. The feel of it is really quite something.

Most that I have seen so far are either hollow blanking of thin Titanium sheets slapped on a piece of plastic or (for the better ones) stainless steel. This is the only way to go when mass producing cheaper covers, but when you are trying to precision cut 1mm thick titanium sheets, it's a different story.... Hearing about this, allows me to get a small glimpse of how much insight and expertise went into the designing of the iphone. It just blows my mind! No wonder, they were able to turn the phone industry upside down.

If you can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. If you know someone who can do a video, that would be great. I will try to get my hands on a final piece next week.
    Last edited by kenink; 05-05-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait im sorry but what is the question. I think i see the problem but not 100% sure
    Dude T.M.I

Oh...sorry Str4y....I think the reply went to the wrong forum! So sorry. Still new at this

oh no problem lol. Hope you get the issue solved anyway. Id be glad to help you with testing too. By the way you can call me Stray
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    First, better pics, second, maybe a give away. to a member who would be able to do a video install and give up his thought.
    I could recommend someone if you liked, no, not me.

It would be awesome if you can point me in the right direction....Who can do a thorough video for all members to see that would be wonderful...send me a PM! I will try to get a finished final product next week. They are still tweaking it as we speak.

Thanks

As far as price, no clue, Google is your friend. See what the market bares. A fair price and selling a bunch seems better then charging a lot and selling less.
    There are several members I would recommend, but lets see who chimes in and would be interested in doing this Video/Audio unavailing, so to speak.
    Stray has already chimed in, but I don't believe he has an iP4.
    Give it a day or so, lets see who has interest and go from there would be my suggestion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast