Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help on downgrading baseband 6.15

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
does anyone know how to downgrade on baseband 6.15 on iphone 3g, ever since i ungraded to 6.15 to unlock the iphone, it's not the same anymore, reason is, can't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need help on downgrading baseband 6.15
    does anyone know how to downgrade on baseband 6.15 on iphone 3g, ever since i ungraded to 6.15 to unlock the iphone, it's not the same anymore, reason is, can't restore in itunes and iphone doesn't boot-up sometimes. please help!!!!

I haz a number
    Thanks

Only a very old iPhone 3g with the original bootloader 5.8 can have the baseband downgraded. There is no other iPhone that can have the baseband downgraded. Use Cydia to install Fuzzyband software and see if you have the 5.8 bootloader, it is very rare. If you have 5.9 bootloader no downgrading is possible.

To get your iPhone 3g working better I think you can restore to 3.1.3 and use Tiny Umbrella to kick out of recovery mode or whatever error you may encounter. Also you could make a custom firmware with Pwnage Tool Mac or Sn0wbreeze PC and install, if you have the SHSH for System 4 files, except for 4.2.1 because Apple is still signing 4.2.1 for 3g.
    Last edited by 805 93003; 05-03-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

You do not need to make 2 threads on the same thing. This one is closed. PLease use the one in the better section.

how to downgrade from baseband 6.15