Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Horable Wi-Fi after battery replace

Default iPhone 3GS Horable Wi-Fi after battery replace
    i replaced my iphone 3gs battery and reassembled it and after i did that i cant get wifi or better sad i was only 12 feet away from my router and i only get 1 bar but my signal strength is at full on t-mobile i have a old boot rom bevice if that makes a differance

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Facebook - Twitter

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had just the opposite problem when I replaced my 3GS battery (WiFi good, network signal terrible). If the wifi cable connection is good check the grounding strap (small gold pin or clip touching the outside silver rim). During my dissassembly/reassembly I broke it. Took 3 more days (open, close, check , more research, open, close, check more research, over and over) to discover it. Had to replace the dock connector where the ground strap was attached to get the signal back to normal.

Like Mes said, you must carefully reseat the "wifi cable connection" Flex Cable #6. Before you open up your 3GS make sure it is OFF or you may damage your LCD or worse. Then reseat Cable #6. Be very careful and make sure on the way out Flex Cable #1 did not pop off because it easliy comes loose. Good luck.