+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone powers off when a call comes in...

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know you guys have tons of wet iPhone forums, but each one has a different situation and a different outcome. I have an iPhone 3g and I accidentally dropped
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone powers off when a call comes in...
    I know you guys have tons of wet iPhone forums, but each one has a different situation and a different outcome. I have an iPhone 3g and I accidentally dropped it in the toilet. I of course did not turn it off, like I should've, I know, I know, dumb move. But in my defense I was freaking out...

Anyway the situation is this: The phone is working almost fine now except it powers off when calls come in, or when I try to make any calls and the battery indicator doesn't show it as charging/charged even though it is charged (I can unplug it and use it for a few hours after a charge cycle).

The screen works fine. I can listen to voicemails fine, whether on speaker or holding the phone to my ear. I can connect to the internet through WiFi or the 3g network. I can download apps....Again the only thing wrong with the phone after the toilet incident is that the incoming and outgoing calls make the phone power off, and the battery indicator doesn't show any charging activity even though I know it's charged.

Is there hope for my phone? Any recommendations?

I haz a number
    Thanks

To get battery indicator accurate, Hard Reset... Hold Power & Home buttons together for about 15 seconds until iPhone restarts.