+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS that was wet and now has no picture

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3GS that was brought to me and had been submerged in milk. I cleaned the phone out with my typical water damage method, then ran diagnostics on
    Thanks

Default 3GS that was wet and now has no picture
    I have a 3GS that was brought to me and had been submerged in milk. I cleaned the phone out with my typical water damage method, then ran diagnostics on it and the backlight coil was out. I have since replaced the coil and now the lcd lights up but there is no picture, just a grayish/white screen with some lines in it. I'm using a good lcd so I know that isn't the issue. Anyone have any experience with this?

I haz a number
    Thanks

I have some experience with fixing 3GS LCD screen problems and they always seem to be a different problem each time. Anyway, what is the status of the original LCD?

Brad

Thanks

The original will display a picture it just has a cloudy background.

I haz a number
    Thanks

Original LCD is cloudy but functions somewhat, new LCD could now be fried. 6r8 backlight logic board coil has been replaced. Milk fluid damage to iPhone. Well hopefully you have not worsened anything by connecting LCD with 3GS powered ON. 1.Hard Reset can bring back LCD function, always got to try that. 2.Next step would be to clean the Connector #1 on the logic board again very well. These 2 steps will only help if the new LCD is still OK. Good luck. Brad