+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone4 no reception period

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Alright here's the deal. The iPhone 4 was thrown. Hit a wall and bent the metal frame. Broke the front and rear glass. I replaces both glass, metal frame and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone4 no reception period
    Alright here's the deal. The iPhone 4 was thrown. Hit a wall and bent the metal frame. Broke the front and rear glass. I replaces both glass, metal frame and the charger port. The phone sat for 4 months waiting on an unlock. I got my gevey sim. No service. So I tried att similar same no service. I have restored blah blah. Doesn't get any reception. Can anyone explain or show.me the GSM antennae, which part it is, where it hooks up, and why it may not be working.
    I noticed My sim tray does not pop out I assume I left out a part of the metal frame.
    anyone? ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

lol anger managment issues bud.

you could look at ifixits teardowns for info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol yea.. i got it from the att store.. i didnt throw it! some chick brought it in and said her husband threw it.. guess he had some bad texts.

Well that did
    not help one bit. It doesn't explain anything. I need to find where the GSM antennae connects to the frame or wherever it connects. Looking at it there is only one of the antennae connectors in use which is connected fine. Im assuming the dock connector is bad for the moment.
    Last edited by deezy1; 04-24-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost