Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS wifi and Bluetooth "unavailable"?!

Default iPhone 3GS wifi and Bluetooth "unavailable"?!
    I bought a iPhone 3GS 16gb in restore mode from someone off craigslist.. After I fixed the software on it it turned out to be an old bootrom 3GS running the latest 4.3.2 iOS with BB 06.15.00

Well I go to general and there's no wifi (as shown in picture)

The bluetooth is also "unavailable"

Both screws at the bottom are missing which means he opened it up.. But the inside looks untouched and all the ribbons are intact and firm

What could be the problem I restored the iPhone with a new custom bootrom and it actually restored to it but same result with the wifi and Bluetooth

Right now it's on the old custom bootrom iOS 4.3.2 and BB 6.15.00

Sucks getting ripped off so any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrdabbas For This Useful Post:

Afshin_2000 (04-20-2011)

First thing I would try would be Reset Network Settings.....Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. If this did not work. I would try Reset All Settings, and if still failure Erase All Content and Settings. This last one will technically brick the iPhone because of the Jailbreak, not sure about the Reset All Settings one. The Reset Network Settings is safe to do, and hopefully will work. If Reset All Settings bricks iPhone, Erase All will definitely, then just do a DFU Mode Retore with your Custom Firmware. Good luck. Brad

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    First thing I would try would be Reset Network Settings.....Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. If this did not work. I would try Reset All Settings, and if still failure Erase All Content and Settings. This last one will technically brick the iPhone because of the Jailbreak, not sure about the Reset All Settings one. The Reset Network Settings is safe to do, and hopefully will work. If Reset All Settings bricks iPhone, Erase All will definitely, then just do a DFU Mode Retore with your Custom Firmware. Good luck. Brad
    And now it won't pickup sim cards

So no wifi ,bluetooth, or sim cards

The reset network didn't work

have the same problem with my 3gs, i think it was water damage. but i cant tell. all i know is i havent found a fix for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by eats7 View Post
    have the same problem with my 3gs, i think it was water damage. but i cant tell. all i know is i havent found a fix for it yet.
    Sold it as is for 190.. Lost 30 bux

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having the same issue its most definately hardware damage from what i can tell,and what ive read also confirms this.. although my problem came with the error window on the phone itself saying iphone cannot make or receive calls anymore restore with itunes i had no water damage i use microfiber cloth with a little rubbing alcohol.its 3gs new boot 4.2.1 bb 06.15.00