+ Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Sleep button stuck

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I can't get a replacement I brought it off somebody. How do I fix it Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
...
  1. #1
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Sleep button stuck
    I can't get a replacement I brought it
    off somebody. How do I fix it

    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  2. #2
    I haz a number
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    Apple warranties the iPhone not the owner. If the iPhone is elgible for warranty service or repair you will have it. Anyway back to the fix. What iPhone do you have? What were the circumstances of it becoming stuck? So we can help you unstick it.

    Brad

  3. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Apple warranties the iPhone not the owner. If the iPhone is elgible for warranty service or repair you will have it. Anyway back to the fix. What iPhone do you have? What were the circumstances of it becoming stuck? So we can help you unstick it.

    Brad
    Ok will call in the morning apple store to see If it has warranty


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Apple warranties the iPhone not the owner. If the iPhone is elgible for warranty service or repair you will have it. Anyway back to the fix. What iPhone do you have? What were the circumstances of it becoming stuck? So we can help you unstick it.

    Brad
    My sleep button is sunk down and won't sleep my phone or reboot


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Apple warranties the iPhone not the owner. If the iPhone is elgible for warranty service or repair you will have it. Anyway back to the fix. What iPhone do you have? What were the circumstances of it becoming stuck? So we can help you unstick it.

    Brad
    iPhone 4


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  6. #6
    I haz a number
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    Basically all iP4 are still under warranty. As long as there is no red change to water stickers, or cracked glass indicating accidental damage. Although I have heard of Apple Genius replacing iP4 with cracked glass recently, too. Also Top/Power button problems are a known problem with iP4. Tell them the truth. The power button just does not work properly and is now pushed all the way and still not working.

    Good luck.

    Brad

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Basically all iP4 are still under warranty. As long as there is no red change to water stickers, or cracked glass indicating accidental damage. Although I have heard of Apple Genius replacing iP4 with cracked glass recently, too. Also Top/Power button problems are a known problem with iP4. Tell them the truth. The power button just does not work properly and is now pushed all the way and still not working.

    Good luck.

    Brad
    thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  8. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The sleep button on the top if my iphone 3gs is also stuck, there is no damage to the phone, could this be fixed by apple?? i have had the handset about 5 months

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat2507 View Post
    The sleep button on the top if my iphone 3gs is also stuck, there is no damage to the phone, could this be fixed by apple?? i have had the handset about 5 months
    Yea as long as u got a receipt



    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  10. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Basically all iP4 are still under warranty. As long as there is no red change to water stickers, or cracked glass indicating accidental damage. Although I have heard of Apple Genius replacing iP4 with cracked glass recently, too. Also Top/Power button problems are a known problem with iP4. Tell them the truth. The power button just does not work properly and is now pushed all the way and still not working.

    Good luck.

    Brad
    No receipt thank I tryed


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Yea as long as u got a receipt



    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I dont have a reciept its on 02 contract

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts