+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to Wipe iPhone - USB Doesn't Work

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Dropped my iphone and now the charging port doesn't work along with the digitizer. I am selling it and want to wipe it. Any possibilities?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need to Wipe iPhone - USB Doesn't Work
    Dropped my iphone and now the charging port doesn't work along with the digitizer. I am selling it and want to wipe it. Any possibilities?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,810 Times in 2,187 Posts

Does it turn on?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if it works still, you can reset from settings.app, which i doubt, since you can't charge it...

Thanks

Right that's what I was going to say.

Settings>general>reset> erase content and settings

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Crap I forgot also to divulge the fact that the digitizer doesn't work either.

Thanks

Yeah then there's no way

Thanks

awesome. yea i tried taking it to a local repair shop to try and convince them to hook my logic board up to one of their working iphones but they werent going for that at all.

Thanks

Yeah figured

Thanks

I shipped the phone yesterday. Took out the sim card. Whats stored on that? Isn't that my texts and contacts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post
    I shipped the phone yesterday. Took out the sim card. Whats stored on that? Isn't that my texts and contacts?
    Not not on the iPhone everything is stored on the phone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

+1, nothing is in your SIM.

Hopefully you don't have anything too personal or important in there, once replacing the digi and port the phone will likely be ok and it's up to the buyer if he will restore or go through your stuff.

Thanks

Yeah that's sorta the scary part

Thanks

I'm not too concerned. The buyer was on eBay. And he was an idiot. I emailed him and said if he paid then, I would go ahead and ship it out within the hour. He paid, I shipped. He then emailed me and said he wanted a refund, didn't read the auction where it says in giant red letters: phone does not work. Ask any and all questions before bidding. I swear, some people on eBay just dont have any sense.

Typically I'd refund the money but this was the 5th time someone bought the phone then said they weren't paying because they bid without reading the auction. Since he paid, and his bid is a binding contract and considering I had already shipped the phone, this guy was going to have to learn to actually start reading auctions before bidding impulsively.

My point is, he probably won't bother to fix it or won't know how. It needs a new logicboard and a tech will tell him itd be better to just get a new phone.

Thanks

Yeah you make a valid point. That's pretty lame though. Kinda like the people on Craigslist who saw my iPhone 3G for sale, called me up and asked me what condition it is in, how much I want for it, and if it's unlocked. I had all that info posted, but they just scroll down to the bottom, find my number and call.

People don't read and that's their problem. I don't even bother selling to people like that.

I wouldn't refund either if that were me, seriously. How do you not want to read the full description and understand exactly what you're buying?? Goodness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    How do you not want to read the full description and understand exactly what you're buying?? Goodness.
    Especially if your bidding over $200?? I have had plenty of issues selling iphones on ebay before so this time i made the description as clear as possible. That's the only way the buyer can come back and bite me in the ***. If he opens a paypal case for 'item not as described'.

My listing:

READ BEFORE BIDDING
    I will be very detailed in this listing to describe this iPhone to a T. They do not make the white iphone anymore. This is a white 16gb iphone 3GS. It is in used condition. The glass and backing are in 8/10 shape. Most of the wear shows on the plastic chrome bezel. There are 2 small cracks by the charging ports, you can see them in the picture listed below. There are also some small dings on the corners. The phone is jailbroken on 4.2.1 untethered. I dropped the phone and now the touchscreen does not work. I am also having an issue with the charging port not working however the battery is about 70% now. I am sure someone that is tech savvy could get it working but I do not have the time and was due for an upgrade anyways. I also have the original packaging that the phone came in.

Please feel free to ask ANY and ALL questions you have before bidding because I do not accept returns.

- DO NOT BID IF YOU HAVE 0 FEEDBACK WITHOUT MESSAGING ME FIRST.
    - DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN USA.
    **I WILL IMMEDIATELY CANCEL YOUR BID**

Thanks

The issue is, your description is too long. I do that too, I get super descriptive and they don't wanna read it.

You cant avoid people like that bc they don't like reading when it's more than 3 sentences long.

And also, you need to be putting things like "charger port doesn't work" in bigger font and color it red. Then that's the first thing they'll notice and move on. I learned that on MMi lol, when I write things that make it as a Sticky, it gets a ton of views but how many people really read all parts of my sticky?

So if you put really important info in big red letters, it works (most of the time) but it doesn't work all the time unfortunately but it helps lol.

Thanks

Yea and the title read: White iPhone 3GS 16GB ***ISSUES***

I just hope I described it enough that paypal doesn't make me refund the money. I was honest about everything in the listing.