+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone audio through car dock connector

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there a Cydia mod out there that will allow for me to talk on my iPhone connected to my car's dock connector through my stereo without having to use
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Phone audio through car dock connector
    Is there a Cydia mod out there that will allow for me to talk on my iPhone connected to my car's dock connector through my stereo without having to use bluetooth or ear phone jack? Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I would imagine you'd need something with a microphone to do so.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess what I'd want is to use the phone as you would normally use the speaker phone feature but just the audio coming through the car speakers

Thanks

Thought you meant you wanted to be able to talk without the phone or some sort of microphone near your face

I don't know of anything that doesn't require any sort of cable or wire to connect to your car first to have someone on the line's audio come from your car's speaker. I use an AUX cable to connect from my car to my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is a pic of the dock in my car:

I plug my iPhone 4 into it and it charges I can listen to my ipod, pandora, GPS, etc through my stereo. The phone even rings through the car speakers...but when I answer the call I get no audio. I just want to be able to answer it and talk through the iphone mic (as you would on a regular call or speak phone) and have their audio come through the speakers without having to un-dock.

Thanks

Hm. I'm not an expert on this. I want to say that in order for what you want to happen that you'd want to use an AUX cable to connect to your car and the iPhone's headphone jack. But maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light on this.

I can't figure out why you can get the call tone to go through but not the actual call to come through the speakers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Me either Apparently it's just the way iOS has it setup but figured that there was a mod out there to alleviate this problem. Thanks for your responses though!

Thanks

The way I see it, it shouldn't even need any modifications as it works on its own, supposedly lol.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It has never worked like this unfortunately

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Hm. I'm not an expert on this. I want to say that in order for what you want to happen that you'd want to use an AUX cable to connect to your car and the iPhone's headphone jack
    This is what I did. I have a cig lighter charger and earphone jack to stereo. Works great.
    I Like Eletronics

Thanks

Same, I use a cig lighter car charger too though when plugged in it gives my speakers when playin music a static background when plugged in simultaneously. I just blast the music to cover it up lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

tom tom makes a great dock for this

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Same, I use a cig lighter car charger too though when plugged in it gives my speakers when playin music a static background when plugged in simultaneously. I just blast the music to cover it up lol.
    That dosent sound right. I don't have any static at all. Maybe change wires and see if the static stops.
    I Like Eletronics

Thanks

Yeah I've had 3 car chargers and they all do that. I'm thinking it's the AUX cable, but it doesn't do it when not plugged into the charger. I'm not too bothered by it lol, however I'm due for a new cable anyway. The one I have isn't compatible with my new bumper case.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krdell View Post
    Here is a pic of the dock in my car:

I plug my iPhone 4 into it and it charges I can listen to my ipod, pandora, GPS, etc through my stereo. The phone even rings through the car speakers...but when I answer the call I get no audio. I just want to be able to answer it and talk through the iphone mic (as you would on a regular call or speak phone) and have their audio come through the speakers without having to un-dock.
    Can you tell me what dock that is? I'm looking for something similar for my iP4. As for the speaker issue, we do something similar in my wife's Prius, but with separate dock charger and headphone out--if you have an AUX in line you can connect to the headphone jack, try that. We always get calls in the car, and always hear them through the sound system and just talk as though we were on speakerphone.

Good luck!