+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White conv kit from direct ...foxconn..

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I see someone selling the white conversion kit and he says the parts are directly from Foxconn. Can that even be possible?
    Thanks

Default White conv kit from direct ...foxconn..
    I see someone selling the white conversion kit and he says the parts are directly from Foxconn. Can that even be possible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    most likely not...
    checkout

Mod edit
    Last edited by Cowboy; 03-31-2011 at 04:55 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xl2ealx For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (03-31-2011)

Thanks

Thanks, that's what i figured. Thanks for the link. Looks pretty good. Do you know anything about em? Was looking at this one too. Supposedly pretty good.
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-03-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks

is it your main purpose to spam your website here as well as on other forums.......
    Last edited by dee9299; 04-02-2011 at 06:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamkadaj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    What seller made that claim?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamkadaj View Post
    What seller made that claim?
    An eBay seller. I'll see if I can find his item

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

An eBay seller. I'll see if I can find his item

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    There are a LOT of White parts out there that have directly come from Foxconn.

You could be on the verge slandering a perfectly honest person.

Thanks

Thanks, that's what i figured. Thanks for the link. Looks pretty good. Do you know anything about em? Was looking at this one too. Supposedly pretty good.[/url]
    I really hope you're not plugging your own site and discrediting someone else in the process.

You could be damaging the sales of an honest seller.

I get my White kits from A*** ***g, who happens to be the first supplier in the world to get them at the time, Directly from Foxconn I might add.

My supplier also personally supplied the part for Woz's iPhone 4.

Colour parts don't come from Foxconn, but thousands of White parts that didn't meet Apples quality assurance did, and they're on the Market, I know this because I have 24 of them here beside me.
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-03-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks

can you explain to us how you know those kits are from foxconn.......just curious

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dee9299 View Post
    can you explain to us how you know those kits are from foxconn.......just curious
    Because my supplier is the same supplier of a certain young man I won't name who hit headlines this year for having access to White iPhone 4 parts from Foxconn.

Granted, my supplier may also be sourcing them somewhere else, I don't advertise the fact, but I'm just highlighting that it is infact a possibility.

Thanks

ok but that was never proven that the youngman you are speaking of did get them from foxxconn.....he merely mentioned it in a interview and maybe that mention with the fact the the story picked up steam got him trouble.....unless you physically go to foxxconn with your supplier you cant say they are for certain from foxxconn

woz got his kit from said kid also..." Well, it turns out that Woz is having the last laugh. The white iPhone 4 is actually a fake. Woz purchased a set of white front and back plates from the young entrepreneur that Apple later shut down, and modded his iPhone 4 with the plates."
    Last edited by dee9299; 04-03-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks

ok but that was never proven that the youngman you are speaking of did get them from foxxconn.....he merely mentioned it in a interview and maybe that mention with the fact the the story picked up steam got him trouble.....unless you physically go to foxxconn with your supplier you cant say they are for certain from foxxconn

woz got his kit from said kid also..." Well, it turns out that Woz is having the last laugh. The white iPhone 4 is actually a fake. Woz purchased a set of white front and back plates from the young entrepreneur that Apple later shut down, and modded his iPhone 4 with the plates."
    The front and back plates ARE the kit!

• Front Digitiser & LCD unit
    • Back Glass Assembly

Now granted, we can never truly prove much with anything, but my guy honestly sells the best of the best, and I won't sell anything less, but I take his word on what he says - he's very honest.

Getting back to the point, I personally have never said "these parts are from Foxconn" when I sell, that's just silly. But I still think it's wrong to come on and slam a seller on thread.

By all means, review the product and provide feedback, but there's a ton of repair guys in this forum, myself included, who wouldn't appreciate someone scrutinising their store/service.

and If that guy I spamming his own site for a free ad, then shame on him.

Thanks

The front and back plates ARE the kit!

• Front Digitiser & LCD unit
    • Back Glass Assembly

Now granted, we can never truly prove much with anything, but my guy honestly sells the best of the best, and I won't sell anything less, but I take his word on what he says - he's very honest.

Getting back to the point, I personally have never said "these parts are from Foxconn" when I sell, that's just silly. But I still think it's wrong to come on and slam a seller on thread.

By all means, review the product and provide feedback, but there's a ton of repair guys in this forum, myself included, who wouldn't appreciate someone scrutinising their store/service.

and If that guy I spamming his own site for a free ad, then shame on him.
    i think we all would and i agree slamming threads isnt cool .....i own a very large repair shop as well so im not just spewing crap.......i wouldnt advertise foxxconn at all it seems it only gets people in trouble.....i just have my own doubts that any white parts made it out of the factory..

Thanks

i think we all would and i agree slamming threads isnt cool .....i own a very large repair shop as well so im not just spewing crap.......i wouldnt advertise foxxconn at all it seems it only gets people in trouble.....i just have my own doubts that any white parts made it out of the factory..
    Ok well let's both agree on that then an leave it at that.

I also run a repair store, and we both know how hard it can be sometimes so I'll defend anyone in the field who's trying to make a living, from being slammed by someone trying to plug their own site.

10/10 for calling the guy out!

Thanks

My iPhone comes from foxcon
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Foxconn assembles the iPhone but those actual LCD screens are coming from different sources. The LCDs are made in South Korea by LG and are all OEM there are some from Toshiba now of lower quality. Then the glass is aftermarket made and the Digitizer flex cable is also normally OEM on the white ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    My iPhone comes from foxcon
    +1 bahaha!

Thanks

I really hope you're not plugging your own site and discrediting someone else in the process.

You could be damaging the sales of an honest seller.

I get my White kits from A*** ***g, who happens to be the first supplier in the world to get them at the time, Directly from Foxconn I might add.

My supplier also personally supplied the part for Woz's iPhone 4.

Colour parts don't come from Foxconn, but thousands of White parts that didn't meet Apples quality assurance did, and they're on the Market, I know this because I have 24 of them here beside me.
    I REALLY hope you weren't directing that comment at me. And by you accusing me of "plugging my own site" you are also discrediting me in the process. Im not connected with any web site or company. I was simply asking if its possible that the parts can actually be the real deal thats all. So everyone here that posts a link asking for info or if they may have used a service and would like a review is somehow plugging their own site? If you've looked at other posts i have made regarding iphone 4 conversions you would see i have been looking for a good place that has really good quality. I am trying to decide between 3 places right now. But dont worry i wont mention their names. Wouldnt want you thinking im plugging 3 of my own sites. And i dont think asking if parts can be legit is damaging an honest seller. Especially since i never mentioned his Ebay seller name. If he is honest then he would have answered the questions i asked him on his item. So, if this was not directed at me then i apologize. If it was..well...then your an A $ $

is it your main purpose to spam your website here as well as on other forums.......
    Who was this directed at?
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 04-04-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

xl2ealx

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dee9299 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (04-04-2011)

Thanks

^^ Thanks. That's what i thought but wasn't sure