Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 LCD inverted

Default iPhone 4 LCD inverted
    Hey, fixed a home button on an iPhone 4 today and when I replaced everything and powered it up the LCD was showing inverted color :/

Boot screen was black apple and White background :/

any ideas?

don't think I pinched the LCD cable...

Why don't you just use the native iOS color inverter. Wouldn't that turn it back to normal?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

might just wanna make sure the lcd is plugged in all the way

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Why don't you just use the native iOS color inverter. Wouldn't that turn it back to normal?
    Tried that. No worky

Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    might just wanna make sure the lcd is plugged in all the way
    I did that also

I highly doubt I damaged the LCD, I'm very VERY careful with all my repairs

Perform a Hard Reset. Hold both Top/Power button and Home button at same time for around 15 - 20 seconds, phone will shut off, keep holding both until it begins to boot up. That is Hard Reset.

Good luck,

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Perform a Hard Reset. Hold both Top/Power button and Home button at same time for around 15 - 20 seconds, phone will shut off, keep holding both until it begins to boot up. That is Hard Reset.

Good luck,

Brad
    One of the first things I did buddy. No joy!

Well if you have exhausted the Hardware possibilities, like the LCD connector is OK and properly connected. And hopefully the LCD itself or the LCD controllers on the Logic Board are OK. Then the only thing left I can think of is Software. Which on the iPhone means Restore, which I hate doing if not necessary. So when you believe there is nothing left you can simply do, then a Restore may help.

Good luck,

Brad

Restoring iPhones has become such a pain, with backups, jailbreak, umbrella, SHSH, basebands, unlock preservation, and worst of all iTunes.

Hi,

Did you ever fix this inverted lcd problem?
    A lot of people have had it and nobody ever posted a solution.
    I replaced my headphone jack on Ipod touch 2G and it went inverted. I ordered a new LCD but it's not here yet, I hope it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by iamkadaj View Post
    One of the first things I did buddy. No joy!

Was this problem ever fix?

I took my iPhone 4 apart to replace the proximity cable because my power button was stuck. After putting everything back together, I was unable to close the rear cover because the upper right corner budged up. However, the phone turned on fine and the screen was functioning properly.

I took apart the phone again to realigned the parts so I can close the rear cover. Now, when I turn on the phone, the apple screen shows up inverted. I have a white background and black apple. There is also a black dot/smudge on the upper right corner.

The top of the screen is also flicking a little. (One or two lines).

Did I break something and is this repairable? Is the phone beyond repair/not worth repairing?

I decided to open up the phone and readjust everything including the wires to see if it helps with the situation. I'm getting the same result. Do you think I need a new LCD screen or is my logic board shot? Attached are pictures of my phone right now.

-photo-5-.jpg-photo-4-.jpg-photo-6-.jpg

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to be clear, you have tried inverting the colors from the iPhone right? Usually triple clicking the home button does that (if you have it set up that way). Just want to make sure.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Yup, I tried inverting it though the iPhone software and it was a no go. This morning when I woke up, my whole screen was WHITE. I could still shutoff the phone and all (hold power button and then swipe the top from left to right), but I do not see anything on the screen. Maybe just lines. Possibly my LCD or logic board is shot? If so, which one would be the better bet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Your best (cheapest) bet would be to replace the screen. You can get them fairly cheap and buying a known working one (basically anything that's not white for you) to test if its the board or the LCD should be your first step. If you plug the new screen in and it works fine then the LCD is bad. If its still white you've got bigger problems.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

I replaced the LCD assembly and it did the trick!

Are there any alternative method to fix up the mesh earpiece? I wasn't able to transfer it from the old LCD screen and now there's a hole on it and it doesn't look clean.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you'll have to get a replacement ear piece mesh from ebay or something, there not expansive at all.