Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G screen on 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by iGoof View Post
    I got an iPhone 3G screen + digitizer, will that work if I try to replace a broken 3GS screen?

I got the one with the buttons already installed.
    No, iPhone 3G & 3GS screens are not transferable.

You risk damaging the motherboard as they have different connections with different power usage.

I agree with iamkadaj, Won't work, digitizers and LCD of 3g and 3gs are not interchangable. Also when you put the 3gs back together make certain that the 3gs iPhone is powered off, or you risk frying the 3gs LCD or 3gs logic board LCD controllers. You can check if the opened up iPhone is off by flipping the vibrate switch, to make sure it is really off. If the iPhone vibrates it is on, which is bad.

Good luck,

Brad
    Last edited by 805 93003; 03-26-2011 at 06:57 PM.

^^^^^
    +1
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    I agree with iamkadaj, Won't work, digitizers and LCD of 3g and 3gs are not interchangable. Also when you put the 3gs back together make certain that the 3gs iPhone is powered off, or you risk frying the 3gs LCD or 3gs logic board LCD controllers. You can check if the opened up iPhone is off by flipping the vibrate switch, to make sure it is really off. If the iPhone vibrates it is on, which is bad.

Good luck,

Brad
    Excellent tip.

An easy, yet horrible mistake!