Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GEVEY Sim not being recognized???

  1. #1
    Default GEVEY Sim not being recognized???
    I just purchased the GEVEY SIM that unlocks the iPhone 4 on 2.10.04 and 3.10.01, and whenever I attempt to use it, my iPhone 4 just pretends its not there... I put the SIM interposer or whatever its called onto the tray, then my SIM card over-top of it, but when I power on the iPhone it just says NO SIM CARD INSTALLED, it never gives me the menu to hit the "ACCEPT" which its supposed to do when I power on the iPhone..

    WTF is the deal? I spent 80$ on this lol it has to work!! Why isn't it being recognized??

    I tried putting my sim card the other way around because i cant ever remember which way is right, but it still said NO SIM...

    I also did a terrible job cutting the sim card as it's kinda loose but it's still in there..

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xjpmx03 View Post
    I just purchased the GEVEY SIM that unlocks the iPhone 4 on 2.10.04 and 3.10.01, and whenever I attempt to use it, my iPhone 4 just pretends its not there... I put the SIM interposer or whatever its called onto the tray, then my SIM card over-top of it, but when I power on the iPhone it just says NO SIM CARD INSTALLED, it never gives me the menu to hit the "ACCEPT" which its supposed to do when I power on the iPhone..

    WTF is the deal? I spent 80$ on this lol it has to work!! Why isn't it being recognized??

    I tried putting my sim card the other way around because i cant ever remember which way is right, but it still said NO SIM...

    I also did a terrible job cutting the sim card as it's kinda loose but it's still in there..
    It's the sim card you cut, it should not move at all. You need a micro sim cutter. You can by it on eBay for like $10 bucks.

  3. #3
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Either it's your SIM or the Gevey doesn't work right. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Gevey, the new turboSIMs don't work exactly the same way they used to back in the 2.x days...

    You should test your SIM card with a SIM adapter in another phone to see if your SIM is functional.

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lyon, France
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi xjpmx03 ,

    Did you resolve you problem?? Because I have exactly the same...

    Please, let me know.

  5. #5
    Are you using the new style tmobile sim as well? The gold area in the back of the new style sim is smaller, that's the one you need to use, n I would recommend using a sim cutter to cut the sim.. Maybe it isn't aligned right to be recognized..

  6. #6
    CELSiiOR_DRiiVEN was the most accurate answer here. I've fixed it already, and the problem was that my SIM card wasnt actually cut ENOUGH. I had some excess plastic on the bottom which was causing the pins to not be able to line up with the GEVEY SIM interposer because my sim card wouldnt properly line up at the VERY bottom where the interposer is on the sim tray because of the plastic keeping the card too "high up" and not able to connect.

    To the people saying you need a micro sim cutter, you're WRONG because my sim card is cut absolutely awful, it has so much room to jiggle around in the tray but what you guys dont really understand is that it doesnt move around once the tray is shut.

    CELSiiOR_DRiiVEN was 100% correct with the new t-mobile sims -- the metal part is SMALLER on them than the old ones becuase I actually HAVE an old sim card (from about a year ago) and its metal part on the back is a little bit bigger. I actually tried putting it into the GEVEY sim and it recognized it and it actually worked, however it gave me NO SIGNAL because the SIM was obviously cut off by t-mobile since I requested a new one.

    EITHER the new OR old T-mobile sims work with the GEVEY interposer, and now it's working great, havn't had one issue with it and it's been connected for the past 3-4 days without ANY problems.

    If anybodys having any problems i'd be glad to help you out with it

  7. #7
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Thank you for verifying this. Good info. I have cut a t-mobile SIM myself with just a pair of scissors and it was fine. But I had an AT&T microsim to trace the outline. So yes you can cut it yourself, the biggest concern is to not cut too much of the gold part.

  8. #8
    ^^^Yeah, basically just cut as much as you can except for the metal part lol. Since im on the new t-mobile SIM card the metals smaller, and its so small it has a lot of room to jiggle around in the tray but as long as you can line it up once you'll be set.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lyon, France
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    xjpmx03, you are right.

    I tried to cut better my sim card and tried few times and finally it works!

    Thank you for your help

  10. #10
    Yup because I had that exact problem, n I called applenberry n they said the exact same thing.. Use the new style sim n use a sim cutter.. And it worked..

    Another thing to add is that this gevey sims work on 99% of the iPhones 4.. They explained to me as well as one of the dealers here in Honolulu that 1 out of a 100 will not work with gevey.. I don't know why, but it just doesn't..

  11. #11
    hey guys

    i got the gevey a few days ago. Im getting the same No Sim card installed error after I hang up the 112 call. I started with the normal microsim, and now I have cut it so much like this -





    I am still getting the error. should i cut it more and just leave the gold part?

  12. #12
    If you look closely at your first picture youll see a sliver of white plastic that you didnt cut, and thats EXACTLY what you NEED to cut because if you look at the GEVEY sim interposer, those 6 connectors start at the very bottom, and that little sliver of plastic is stopping your bottom pins from being able to connect to the very bottom of the GEVEY

  13. #13
    So you mean that I should leave just the golden part and cut all the rest?

    Actually this white part is kinda thicker than the golden one as well so yeah maybe that's why it didn't connect.

    P.S. - I somehow managed to get it working on my other sim without cutting the white plastic. What I did was as soon as I ended the 112 call, I raced away to toggle the airplane mode on before that No SIM Card Installed message could come. So as soon as i toggled it on, i got that message and then again i toggled it off and got the invalid sim error and then again on and off and got it to work at last

    though yeah, I was actually thinking of cutting the whole white part on this sim, but then thought it is better to ask you guys.

  14. #14
    I never got the accept message until I turned 3G and Data ON.
    My problem is I never get the ''no sim card installed'' after toggling airplane mode for the first time. I just get sim failure and I'm stuck there...

  15. #15
    Yeah you woulda been good if you cut all the plastic off your sim but you got it working so that's all that really matters.

  16. #16
    Ya. its good to get it working. though i dont think im ever going to reboot or upgrade its firmware as long as im using gevey since it was hard getting this to work really.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by marsavis View Post
    I never got the accept message until I turned 3G and Data ON.
    My problem is I never get the ''no sim card installed'' after toggling airplane mode for the first time. I just get sim failure and I'm stuck there...
    did you follow procedures correctly?
    do you have a custom firmware installed? if you do it wont work..
    try turning on and leaving on airplane mode while powering off, power on, turn off airplane mode, wait a few seconds for the welcome screen, hit accept, wait til you see 1 signal dial 112 hang up after 2sec, turn on airplane mode leave it on until you see the now sim installed, turn off airplane mode and should be unlocked... if that doesnt work, well where did you purchase your gevey from?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CELSiiOR_DRiiVEN For This Useful Post:

    hiddengopher (04-14-2011)

  19. #18
    I'm having the same issues with this Gevey sim. With my T-mobile card (very old...when Voicestream switched over to T-mobile), I can't get it to be recognized. Everytime I start the phone, I just get "No SIM card installed". I can never get the Accept screen to show up. Is it b/c I have a jailbroken phone?

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    I'm having the same issues with this Gevey sim. With my T-mobile card (very old...when Voicestream switched over to T-mobile), I can't get it to be recognized. Everytime I start the phone, I just get "No SIM card installed". I can never get the Accept screen to show up. Is it b/c I have a jailbroken phone?

    No, the problem is the old sim card. Get a new sim card from T-mobile, it resolves your gevey sim issue right away.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to sfjava For This Useful Post:

    douflag (04-07-2011)

  22. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sfjava View Post
    No, the problem is the old sim card. Get a new sim card from T-mobile, it resolves your gevey sim issue right away.
    Does it matter whether or not I'm on a postpaid plan? Can I buy a prepaid sim card and activate it for use on my postpaid plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by sfjava View Post
    No, the problem is the old sim card. Get a new sim card from T-mobile, it resolves your gevey sim issue right away.
    I got a new tmo sim card and it still doesn't work. This is starting to become really frustrating. I am running a fresh 4.3.1 software install, so I don't know why it's not working.

    EDIT: SUCCESS!!! Finally got it to work. So what was bothering me was that the "Accept" screen wouldn't show up when I turned on the phone. Turns out I just had to wait a bit for the message to show up (maybe 1-2 minutes???). After the message showed up, I was able to complete the unlock. The weird thing is that everytime I restart the phone, the message comes up instantaneously. Kinda weird.

    Another odd thing was the second Gevey card I bought. It took me to the "Accept" screen right away. It was also a JB phone. So, I guess not all Gevey cards are equal. BTW, both appear to be a genuine cards.
    Last edited by douflag; 04-07-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •