Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GEVEY Sim not being recognized???

Hey guys, I just bought a GEVEY sim and it keeps showing up the NO SIM installed. Is there something wrong with my gevey sim? Its a little ripped at the bottom:

I can put it back down and it'll still be flat but im not sure if that is what's causing it for it not to work. If anyone knows someone please help! Thanks!

Default contacts
    Hi,

I've had the same problem. It kept saying "no sim card installed" as if the Gevey Sim tray isn't there. I tried inserting the carrier sim only and it was detected. so i figured the problem was with the Gevey Sim contacts not fully touching the Carrier Sim contacts. Upon scrutiny of the Gevey sim contacts, I noticed that one out of six contacts was not protruding out enough. What I did next was ***** it with a pin to make it protrude enough. don't make a hole on it. (do this at your own risk). after that, I repeated the entire process written in the instructions and voila! it worked. hope this helps guys.

My SIM is about 5 or 6 years old, and I noticed that the gold part was way off to the left compared to most. So after cutting and cutting and nothing working, I decided to just go to T-Mobile and get a new one. I'll see if it works....does it make a difference that I'm on 4.1 jailbroken?

Quote Originally Posted by hiddengopher View Post
    My SIM is about 5 or 6 years old, and I noticed that the gold part was way off to the left compared to most. So after cutting and cutting and nothing working, I decided to just go to T-Mobile and get a new one. I'll see if it works....does it make a difference that I'm on 4.1 jailbroken?
    No I was on 4.1 JB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CELSiiOR_DRiiVEN View Post
    did you follow procedures correctly?
    do you have a custom firmware installed? if you do it wont work..
    try turning on and leaving on airplane mode while powering off, power on, turn off airplane mode, wait a few seconds for the welcome screen, hit accept, wait til you see 1 signal dial 112 hang up after 2sec, turn on airplane mode leave it on until you see the now sim installed, turn off airplane mode and should be unlocked... if that doesnt work, well where did you purchase your gevey from?
    I'm having this exact problem and I have custom fw. I'm waiting on a blank ATT sim to get here so that I can get it working on stock 4.3.1

Hello guys , i have a really weird problem , i managed to get the gevey sim working and i can make calls, but thing is whenever i get the full signal T-Mobile logo wont show up and after like 45 seconds i lose the signal and i get sim failure ????? i searched on google but never found a solution .

Any tips on doing the second cut to fit the Gevey tray? I've been practicing on some old sim cards to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by destrorage View Post
    Hello guys , i have a really weird problem , i managed to get the gevey sim working and i can make calls, but thing is whenever i get the full signal T-Mobile logo wont show up and after like 45 seconds i lose the signal and i get sim failure ????? i searched on google but never found a solution .
    This happens to me as well! I thought maybe my SIM card was broken and was considering going to T-Mobile to switch it.. If there's a simple solution that would be preferable

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Halo View Post
    This happens to me as well! I thought maybe my SIM card was broken and was considering going to T-Mobile to switch it.. If there's a simple solution that would be preferable
    Happens to me too...

Quote Originally Posted by hiddengopher View Post
    I'm having this exact problem and I have custom fw. I'm waiting on a blank ATT sim to get here so that I can get it working on stock 4.3.1

i guess it does accept custom? i have snowbreeze made 4.3.2 baseband preservation mode.. and gevey works..
    BTW its jailbroken with redsnow RC12 (it bypasses the activation screen no need for at&t sim)

on another note, you can boot up the welcome screen yourselves, if it doesnt show up, go into settings > phone > sim applications
    after you select a language, wait a few seconds and the welcome screen will pop up..
    (it only shows when your activating gevey, if already activated, it wont be there)

DONT! just simple as this follow these steps!!and u gotta have all the services on like 3g, cellular data and data roaming! on! and then dude in order to fix this just go to settings, phone scroll down to sim application select English and it will pop up! these scumbags dont tell you this they want you to buy a new one thats the way it was programmed!

Default Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by akosichibot View Post
    Hi,

I've had the same problem. It kept saying "no sim card installed" as if the Gevey Sim tray isn't there. I tried inserting the carrier sim only and it was detected. so i figured the problem was with the Gevey Sim contacts not fully touching the Carrier Sim contacts. Upon scrutiny of the Gevey sim contacts, I noticed that one out of six contacts was not protruding out enough. What I did next was ***** it with a pin to make it protrude enough. don't make a hole on it. (do this at your own risk). after that, I repeated the entire process written in the instructions and voila! it worked. hope this helps guys.

I have the same issue with the iPhone , even tried pushing out the metallic strips of my gevey , but it doesn't work
    I put the sim with gevey and it doesn't even recognize any sim , shows No SIM
    The contacts of the gevey are all proper.
    I tried inserting the sim with the original phone sim tray , and the phone reads the sim atleast.
    Any one with another solutions ??
    Other than asking me to buy another gevey?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It seems like you've tried everything in your power. Besides rebooting (I'm sure you've already done that) I don't think there's much you can do. Seems like the Gevey is defective.

So is it out of the question to ask Gevey for an exchange because the product never worked to begin with? Honestly, it seems more like a product failure than your phone.

Default gevey
    Quote Originally Posted by destrorage View Post

Hy!!!
    I have the same problem as you ... have you find a solution ?
    please respond me

same problem...did you succeded anything?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12