+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Battery Wont Charge

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys did a search and couldnt find anything that really suited my situation. I recently changed my iphone battery myself, The Phone turns on and work properly yet when
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs Battery Wont Charge
    Hey guys did a search and couldnt find anything that really suited my situation. I recently changed my iphone battery myself, The Phone turns on and work properly yet when i try to charge it the battery charge icon in the top right immediately goes to the plug icon and will not charge my phone(Currently sits at 65%and drains regardless of being plugged in or not). The Phone is recognized on my computer and i did a restore but it did not fix my problem. I also have tried two new batteries because i thought one of them might of been bad like people have said in previous posts. Any Suggestions before i bring it into a tech? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Sounds like you got the wrong battery check the number on the battery and make sure its for your device sometimes people get 3g batteries and put them in a 3gs and this sorta thing happens
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the three batteries that i have are APN:616-0431 and the other two are APN:616-0435, all of which using yielded the same results

i beleive i broke off the grounding pin the hits the metal part on the inside from the battery would that be my problem?
    Last edited by RockhardHawk; 03-25-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Most likely
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

re soldered the connector pin (the ground), still same problem, tried powering off and hard resetting, still has a fully charged icon in the top right when at 61%, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RockhardHawk View Post
    re soldered the connector pin (the ground), still same problem, tried powering off and hard resetting, still has a fully charged icon in the top right when at 61%, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Time to take it in, buddy :/ I seriously could not figure out why a brand new Griffin car charger would cause a notification to pop up on my iPhone: Charging is not supported with this accessory. It's infuriating to find out that I pretty much bought expensive Legos. If the battery isn't made by Apple, I'd try buying a new one. It's stupid how I can't use the same Apple charger that I had from a 3GS with my 4... That's very rude, Steve Jobs.