+ Reply
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: When should I trade in my iPhone 4?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with trading in their phones for a new or refurbished one, because I have an iPhone 4 and some
...
  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default When should I trade in my iPhone 4?
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with trading in their phones for a new or refurbished one, because I have an iPhone 4 and some problems are starting to come up. One is the home button becoming unresponsive, another is that there is one tiny grey pixel on my display, not sure what it is. Couple more but you get the picture. So my question is, if I am on 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked on tmobile, when should I go trade in my phone? Will they even replace my phone? I bought this phone from someone on this forum and he didn't have the original box for it but he said that I still have warranty for it. What do I say to them when I go?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    first check if the warranty is still good.
    if it is, restore the phone to factory settings.

    Bring it to the apple store and act stupid ie you dont think it should be acting this way so gimmi a new one.

    as long as your water damage indicators haven't been tripped they will give you a new one for sure. Especially problems with the retina display...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to harmon For This Useful Post:

    NikeJS (03-24-2011)

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,077
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

    But you will get one on 4.3 and will get a tethered jailbreak without an unlock
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  5. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    But you will get one on 4.3 and will get a tethered jailbreak without an unlock
    Ahh that would be an issue.. Do u think the bootrom would matter too?

  6. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    first check if the warranty is still good.
    if it is, restore the phone to factory settings.

    Bring it to the apple store and act stupid ie you dont think it should be acting this way so gimmi a new one.

    as long as your water damage indicators haven't been tripped they will give you a new one for sure. Especially problems with the retina display...
    Thanks I will try that when there's a jailbreak and unlock i guess

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,077
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NikeJS View Post
    Ahh that would be an issue.. Do u think the bootrom would matter too?
    Bootrom I think is still the same. It's just the firmware itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  8. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Bootrom I think is still the same. It's just the firmware itself.
    Ok cool thanks

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,077
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

    No problem

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

    NikeJS (03-24-2011)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts